Hive is the leading provider of cloud-based AI solutions for content understanding, trusted by the world’s largest, fastest growing, and most innovative organizations. The company empowers developers with a portfolio of best-in-class, pre-trained AI models, serving billions of customer API requests every month. Hive also offers turnkey software applications powered by proprietary AI models and datasets, enabling breakthrough use cases across industries. Together, Hive’s solutions are transforming content moderation, brand protection, sponsorship measurement, context-based ad targeting, and more.
Hive has raised over $120M in capital from leading investors, including General Catalyst, 8VC, Glynn Capital, Bain & Company, Visa Ventures, and others. We have over 250 employees globally in our San Francisco, Seattle, and Delhi offices. Please reach out if you are interested in joining the future of AI!
Staff Machine Learning Engineer
In order to execute our vision, we need to grow our team of best-in-class machine learning engineers. We are looking for developers who are excited about staying at the forefront of deep learning technology, prototyping state-of-the-art neural net models and launching these models into production. We value hard workers who have no qualms working with terabyte-scale datasets, who are interested in learning new technologies at all levels of the machine learning stack, and who move fast and take ownership of their projects. Our ideal candidate has experience creating a working machine learning-powered project from the ground up, contributes innovative ideas and ingenious implementations to the team, and is capable of planning out scalable, maintainable data pipelines.
- Everything involved in applying a ML model to a production use case, including designing and coding up the neural network, gathering and refining data, training and tuning the model, deploying it at scale with high throughput and uptime, and analyzing the results in the wild in order to continuously update and improve accuracy and speed
- Write and maintain scalable, performant code that can be shared across platforms
- Contribute meaningfully to the product and core backend systems by suggesting and executing improvements
- Improve engineering standards, tooling, and processes
- Develop novel, accurate, and performant ML algorithms for use at scale
- Conduct metric-driven research experiments to improve model performance
- Provide mentorship to and help onboard ML engineers
- Lead cross-functional collaboration with other teams
- Contribute to defining strategic direction, planning the roadmap
- Maintain awareness of industry best practices for data maintenance handling as it relates to your role
- Adhere to policies, guidelines and procedures pertaining to the protection of information assets
- Report actual or suspected security and/or policy violations/breaches to an appropriate authority
- You have a Bachelor's Degree in computer science or a related field
- You have 8+ years of experience building web applications
- You have successfully implemented highly-available distributed systems/microservices
- You have delivered scalable backend APIs
- You have strong interpersonal and communication skills with a bias towards action
- You have experience writing code and training across distributed systems
- You have the ability to understand and make well-reasoned tradeoffs in designing features
- You are an expert in machine learning frameworks, such as PyTorch or Tensorflow
- You are an expert in scripting languages such as Python and/or shell scripts, particularly for data analysis
- You are a subject matter expert in at least one focus area of machine learning, such as computer vision or natural language processing
- You can lead end to end development of new products
Who We Are
We are a group of ambitious individuals who are passionate about creating a revolutionary AI company. At Hive, you will have a steep learning curve and an opportunity to contribute to one of the fastest growing AI start-ups in San Francisco. The work you do here will have a noticeable and direct impact on the development of the company.
Thank you for your interest in Hive and we hope to meet you soon!
The current expected base salary for this position ranges from $200,000 - $300,000. Actual compensation may vary depending on a number of factors, including a candidate’s qualifications, skills, competencies and experience, and location. Base pay is one part of the total compensation package that is provided to compensate and recognize employees for their work; stock options may be offered in addition to the range provided here.
Artificial Intelligence Computer Vision Machine Learning Software Speech Recognition