Who We Are
Highlight is an agile in-home product intelligence platform, with a focus on CPG innovation. Highlight sends curated discovery boxes to its engaged community, in exchange for feedback via their research-optimized app. Our platform boasts 90% survey completion rates, can get product in hands in days, and seamlessly collects qualitative feedback at scale. Highlight is a woman-owned, minority-owned startup that’s growing to work with innovation and insights teams at companies like P&G, Pepsi, Nestle, Mars, and more. Highlight has brought together a community of brands and consumers that are united in their mission to create better products for all, and democratized access to data for both emerging and enterprise brands.
We’re hiring a front-end focused staff level engineer to join our growing and collaborative Client Experience team. We are looking for a person that has extensive knowledge and experience iteratively building scalable, well tested and reliable solutions. This is a unique opportunity to advance the state of the art of our front end technology and create a large impact in our greenfield market research platform that connects brands and consumers.
- Guide the team in setting great front end patterns, practices, and architectural guidance
- Lead the Front End Guild, influencing and mentoring teammates to help the grow to their full potential
- Partner and collaborate with the team's product manager, designer, quality advocate, and software engineers to achieve amazing results for our customers
- Understand and solve customer problems through software in delightful ways
- Experiment and deliver iteratively to help the team make informed data-driven decisions
- Write code with a test driven approach and take great pride in the quality, resilience and performance of your solutions
- Collaborate on system design, architecture, infrastructure, site reliability, and quality practices
- You’ll have the opportunity to work in many technologies and lead the team through setting our tech roadmap
- Extensive experience in a software engineering role with a focus on front end development
- Have led the building of React applications and learned lessons you are eager to share
- Willingness to work across the full tech stack
- Desire to work collaboratively on a cross-functional team
- Highlight’s Engineering Values resonate with you
- We are deeply curious
- We are data driven
- We are customer obsessed
- We thrive on big ideas and experimentation
- We are intentional and thoughtful
- Health insurance (medical, dental, vision) with 100% employee premiums covered
- Unlimited PTO
- Flexible, remote WFH culture
- Access to the iconic Hearst Tower & its facilities in NYC (should you choose to be in person)
- Compensation: $153,000 - $170,000
- Generous equity package
The pay range for this position at the start of employment is expected to be between $153,000 - $170,000 per year. However, base pay may vary further depending on individualized factors for job candidates, such as job-related knowledge, skills, experience, and other objective business considerations.
You do not need to match every listed expectation to apply for this position. At Highlight, we know that diverse perspectives foster the innovation we need to be successful. We are committed to building a team that comes from a wide range of backgrounds - including but not limited to - race, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, disability, and veteran status. If you’re someone who can think rigorously and isn’t afraid to challenge assumptions, join us.
We've built a world-class team with decades of experience in the space. We’ve encountered the problems we’re trying to solve first hand and care deeply about making better products. We’ve been fortunate to raise a seed round from First Round Capital as well as experienced angels and insiders to help us further our mission. We’re also a passionate, capable, and empathetic team who live by our Humans First value. We have fun, we care about one another, and we’re all in on tacos.
Information Technology Market Research Software