Hadrian — Manufacturing the Future
Hadrian is building autonomous factories that help aerospace and defense companies make rockets, jets, and satellites 10x faster and 2x cheaper. Our CEO, Chris Power, discusses the importance of what we're building in this video.
We are a lean but mighty team of 80 (and growing!) people that are passionate about building critical infrastructure to support the nation and the advancement of humanity.
To support our ambitious vision, we have raised > $100M from Lux Capital, A16Z, Founders Fund, Construct Capital, Caffeinated Capital, and more.
About the Role
We're looking for a Lead Infrastructure Engineer to design, build, and maintain advanced cloud and factory-based networking and data processing systems. You will play a crucial role in shaping our infrastructure strategy, including creating plans for system scalability to support the expansion to hundreds and then thousands of factories.
Reporting to the Director of Engineering, the Senior Infrastructure Engineer role requires both technical expertise and strong collaboration skills to work effectively with teams across multiple domains. You will be responsible for leading a wide range of efforts, including DevOps, SRE, IT, Networking, MSP, and CyberSecurity, while executing full lifecycle projects.
In this role, you will focus on building critical systems, enabling project teams, designing roadmaps, establishing project timelines, and participating in their effective execution. As a leader within our talented infrastructure team, you will be instrumental in driving the success of our growing organization.
In This Role You Will
- Design, deploy, maintain, and scale cloud-based infrastructure using AWS (including S3, Aurora, and other services) and on-premise server and networking infrastructure across multiple factories
- Implement containerization and orchestration technologies such as Docker and Kubernetes for application deployment and scaling
- Manage and scale data streaming platforms like Kafka and Redpanda to support high-throughput data processing
- Work with database technologies such as PostgreSQL and distributed SQL databases like Snowflake for data storage and querying
- Implement security measures and tools like HashiCorp Vault, Single Sign-On (SSO) / OpenID Connect (OIDC), and Azure Active Directory for authentication and authorization
- Manage infrastructure as code using tools like Terraform and Packer, and monitor system performance using DataDog
- Develop architecture diagrams to illustrate system design and interconnections
- Collaborate with engineering teams to ensure proper integration and scaling of applications using CI/CD tools
This Might be a Good Fit if You…
- Have experience with AWS services and tools, including EC2, S3, Aurora, IAM, and others
- Are proficient in using version control systems like Git or SVN
- Are experienced with managing and scaling distributed data systems like Kafka and Redpanda, as well as working with data lakes.
Nice to Have (or Excited to Learn)
- Familiarity with IoT protocols and platforms like MQTT, AMQP, or Azure IoT Hub
- Experience with edge computing and data processing technologies such as AWS Greengrass, Azure IoT Edge, or Google Cloud IoT Core
- Knowledge of application security best practices and tools
- Understanding of network technologies such as VLANs and Network-Attached Storage (NAS) systems
- Have a strong understanding of networking protocols and technologies, including TCP/IP, VLANs, OSPF, BGP, and MPLS
What We Offer
- Autonomy in how you execute – we’re looking for positive results
- Working with the most advanced Manufacturing team in the US
- Building something new to positively impact space exploration, the country and humanity’s future
- Generous equity grants
- Platinum Healthcare, Vision, Dental and Life Insurance
- Stipends for relocation, home office and/or flights to LA
- Interaction with high tech clients building rockets, satellites, jets and drones
- Exposure to Tier 1 VCs and Angel Investors
- If you quit Hadrian to start your own company, we'll invest and help you fundraise
Pay Range Disclosure"
- The base salary pay range for this position is $150,000 to $300,000 depending on experience.
To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, including the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) you must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State. Learn more about the ITAR here.
Aerospace Machinery Manufacturing Manufacturing Supply Chain Management