Apply now for a career that puts wellbeing first!
GET TO KNOW US
Gympass is a corporate wellness platform that connects you to thousands of fitness & wellness partners, all with one simple monthly membership. Founded in 2012 and headquartered in NYC, we have a growing global team in 11 offices around the world. At Gympass, you not only have the opportunity to build a career in a fast-paced global environment - but you'll make wellbeing universal, so everyone can be happy and healthy.
We are hiring an Engineering Team Leader to join our DOTS (Digital Operation Technology Systems) Team in Brazil.
At DOTS, we are developing scalable solutions that make Gympassers more productive, assuring user-friendly, data-driven, and confident products, for efficient and measurable work of the business areas.
We divide DOTS PD team internally in 4 Product Domains responsible for changing the company vision into an experience centric one using different approaches.
You will help us to build products in one of these domains, named by us Darwin. This team is responsible for planning, building and maintaining an interface for supporting internals in their daily tasks related to the Gympass platform and its clients, beneficiaries and partners, so Gympassers could help our customers better and faster.
We are looking for a team member to help us evolve and maintain our products, improve our delivery processes, adopt new technologies, and find new ways to empower Gympassers to do their work in an efficient and measurable way.
You will be able to empower the Darwin's team as a People, Technical and Delivery Manager in planning architecture and code design over well documented product requirements and also implementing them with high quality code using the best practices picked by the team. You'll be a model that influences all the team to grow, putting them a higher bar of performance and engineering skills.
- Lead critical projects, from the architectural design to implementation;
- Plan capacity of your team to handle the product roadmap;
- Attack code complexity avoiding its growth, keeping everything as simple as possible;
- Write and deliver code that enhances overall company quality standards;
- Plan and successfully deliver cross areas projects;
- Avoid the execution of all-in projects, being able to break it down in smaller viable launches;
- Pragmatic on execution, consistently doing launches without damaging production;
- Recommend new technologies (including 3rd party services and softwares) to improve outcome and productivity;
- Propose solution options to the problems presented by stakeholders and the product manager;
- Provide estimates on efforts and risks, evaluating technical feasibility on cross-functional high impact projects;
- Execute waves of architectural changes in the focus area to improve outcome, efficiency and to reduce costs for product improvements;
- Help establish a roadmap and long term vision in partnership with PMs and PDs;
- Contribute with work and projects to help establish company wide best practices;
- Providing visibility around the challenges and solutions created to solve problems;
- Live the mission: inspire and empower others by genuinely caring for your own wellbeing and your colleagues. Bring wellbeing to the forefront of work, and create a supportive environment where everyone feels comfortable taking care of themselves, taking time off, and finding work-life balance.
WHO YOU ARE
- You are familiar with frontend stacks like ReactJS, Typescript and BFFs over Node.js
- You have experience in developing APIs RESTful web services collaborating with other teams;
- You have experience applying computer science fundamentals: data structures, algorithm design, problem solving, async programming and complexity analysis;
- You are proficient in automated testing;
- You seek to have the highest quality in your products, considering user experience as well as systems' cost, maintainability, availability and resilience;
- You value facts and data when you make decisions
- You have passion for product development;
- You have experience designing and developing complex modern services applications;
- You have experience working with modern agile product development teams;
- You help your team to collaborate within and with other teams;
- You have strong communication skills, including async ones;
- You are capable of clearly articulate ideas when communicate to groups in English;
- You are able to communicate with your teammates and stakeholders asynchronously and using English when needed;
- You show empathy and respect in every sentence you speak;
- Communicate and clarify your team work, internally to the engineers and externally to other teams and areas;
- You create bridges with other teams and key stakeholders, being able to loop the right people to acquire data and knowledge to take decisions;
- You can balance very well your responsibilities and your well being, and advise our team to do the same;
WHAT WE OFFER YOU
We're a wellness company that is committed to the health and well-being of our employees. Our flexible program allows you to customize your benefits, according to your needs! Our benefits include:
WELLNESS: Health, dental, and life insurance.
FLEXIBLE WORK: Choose when and where you work. For most, this will be a hybrid office/remote structure but can vary depending on the needs of the role and employee preferences. We offer all employees a home office stipend and a monthly flexible work allowance to help cover the costs of working from home.
FLEXIBLE SCHEDULE: We understand that together, Gympassers and their leaders can make the best decisions for their own individual scopes. This includes flexibility to adjust their working hours based on their personal schedule, time zone, and business needs.
GYMPASS: We believe in our mission and encourage our employees and their families to find their passion too. Access onsite gyms and fitness studios, digital fitness programs, and online wellness resources for meditation, nutrition, mental health support, and more. You will receive the Gold plan at no cost, and other premium plans will be significantly discounted.
PAID TIME OFF: We know how important it is that our employees take time away from work to recharge.
BR: Vacations after 6 months and 3 days off per year + 1 day off for each year of tenure (up to 5 additional days) + extra day off for your birthday.
PAID PARENTAL LEAVE: Welcoming a new child is one of the most special moments in your life and we want our employees to take the time to be present and enjoy their growing family.
BR: 100% paid parental leave of 6 weeks to all new parents, of both biological and adopted children, regardless of gender and parent's relationship with the co-parent, Also extended maternity leave under local legislation
CAREER GROWTH: Outstanding opportunities for personal and career growth. That means we maintain a growth mindset in everything we do and invest deeply in employee development.
CULTURE: An exciting and supportive atmosphere with ambitious people from around the world! You’ll partner with global colleagues and share in the success of a high-growth technology company disrupting the health and wellness space. Our value-based culture of trust, flexibility, and integrity makes this possible every day. Find more info on our careers page!
Diversity, Equity, and Belonging at Gympass
We aim to create a collaborative, supportive, and inclusive space where everyone knows they belong.
Gympass is committed to creating a diverse work environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status, or any other basis covered by appropriate law.
Questions on how we treat your personal data? See our Job Applicant Privacy Notice.
Jobs from our Partners
Other Jobs from Gympass
There are more than 50,000 engineering jobs:
Subscribe to membership and unlock all jobs
50,000+ jobs from 4,500+ well-funded companies
New jobs are added every day as companies post them
Use filters like skill, location, etc to narrow results
Become a member
🎉 12 people have signed up in the past 7 days.
Overall, over 80% of customers chose to renew their subscriptions after the initial sign-up.
Cancel anytime / Money-back guarantee