Guideline is looking for a Staff Full Stack Engineer to join our expanding engineering team. You will join a distributed team of remote employees and employees based near our offices - San Diego, CA; San Mateo, CA; Austin, TX; and Portland, ME. As a Full Stack Engineer on an agile team, you will build upon our growing line of products that bring the possibility of a safe retirement to more people. You will work remote.
What You Will Work On
- Scope projects and design systems architecture for usability and scaling our products.
- Bring modern software solutions to an antiquated financial industry using your expertise of building full stack software solutions.
- Build elegant software from the ground up by creating user interfaces, using message queuing infrastructure, streamlining operations and designing systems architecture.
- Work with a group of passionate technologists to help automate administrative tasks and build unique solutions to solve our users' problems.
What We're Looking For
- 6+ years of experience building consumer-facing software products, with 2+ years leading technical direction for a team of engineers.
- Expertise in the backend programming language Ruby and the frontend framework React
- Well versed in operating one or more modern databases, designing scalable APIs, and building delightful user interfaces.
- Familiarity with building and scaling a distributed systems environment built with Kubernetes, Docker, and GCP.
More about Guideline
Everyone should have a simple, affordable way to save for retirement. At Guideline, our plans are low cost and highly automated. This makes it easy for companies to offer a valuable benefit—and easy for people to invest in their financial future with confidence.
The expected Salary Range for this position is $173,500 - $227,500 annually. Compensation is determined by numerous factors such as your qualifications, experience, and work location.
- Flexible vacation policy
- Company equity
- 401(k) with matching contributions
- 100% paid employee insurance coverage
- Annual learning and development stipend
- Parental leave
- Sabbatical after 5 years of employment
Guideline provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.