Company Overview and Culture
Our culture is a team-first mentality built on the Core Values of Customer Love, Growth, Ownership, Authenticity, and One Team which is shared by every single employee. For us at GRIN, this means we prioritize our customers when making decisions; grow as individuals personally and professionally which drives business growth; celebrate our wins, own our failures, learn from our mistakes, and expect everyone to do the right thing; bring our whole selves to work each day; and know that we can accomplish more when we work together with humility.
At GRIN, we don’t just accept differences — we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our product and our community. We champion and encourage those who bring different perspectives, ideas, and creativity to join our team dedicated to bringing people together across the globe. GRIN is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace where we welcome all people regardless of sex, gender identity, race, ethnicity, disability, or other lived experience. GRIN was founded in Sacramento, CA and is committed to 100% remote work. Our Core Business Hours are 9am-3pm PST, so we expect all of our employees to work at least during those hours and are flexible on the rest of your hours.
[[GRIN is able to hire in all US states except Hawaii, unless the job is noted as Canada Only]]
[[POSITION IS ONLY OPEN TO THOSE AUTHORIZED TO WORK IN CANADA AND LIVING IN CANADA, EXCEPT QUEBEC PROVINCE]]
GRIN is looking for an experienced, highly skilled, and professional Sr. DevOps Engineer to define, design, build, and deploy our SaaS application on AWS. You will be responsible for the design, operation, availability, change management, performance, monitoring, security, and emergency response of our global infrastructure.
You will assist our engineers as they design and develop infrastructure to improve resiliency, security, and data availability. We're looking for expertise operating cloud architectures at scale and the ability to design and build automation tooling to support enterprise grade multi-tenant systems as well as creating and maintaining our continuous integration/continuous delivery pipelines.
- 4+ years experience in a development operations role or similar function, with a track record of building, maintaining, and launching new offerings on AWS
- Experience constructing build and deployment pipelines
- Expertise in multiple CI/CD methodologies and Infrastructure as Code: Gitlab, Jenkins, CircleCI, Git, Chef, Jira, AWS CloudFormation
- A background in designing, deploying, monitoring, and maintaining multi-tenant architectures that can evolve with minimal time and material costs
- Handle code deployments in all environments while constantly monitoring metrics and developing ways to improve
- Infrastructure management and monitoring: NewRelic or Datadog
- Deep understanding of cloud and application security with a desire to enforce best practices
- A self-motivated and strong collaborator, with the ability to manage expectations and conflicting needs
Nice to Haves:
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or related discipline
- Certifications in AWS and Linux, such as AWS Certified Solutions Architect or Professional AWS Certified DevOps Engineer
- Experience as a Software Developer
- Experience meeting SOC2 compliance requirements
- Experience with agile development methodologies
We recognize the imposter syndrome might show its head as you read through this job description and although you might not check every box, we don’t want to miss out on the possibility of speaking with a perfectly imperfect candidate. So if you think you have what it takes - apply today and let’s discuss!
US Total Rewards
- 16 days of PTO + 10 Sick Days + 14 paid holidays
- Medical, Dental and Vision insurance
- 401(k) program plus match
- Paid Child Bonding Leave
- Home Office set up + Co-Working Space Reimbursement
- Employee Stock Option Program
- GRIN SWAG
- Tons of growth opportunity