Forward is on a bold mission to make high quality healthcare available to a billion people across the globe. We’re building the world’s most advanced healthcare platform from the ground up, combining hardware, software and doctors under one roof. We are scaling our engineering team and looking for world-class engineers with experience and expertise in building scalable software solutions for real-world problems. As an early member of our engineering team, you’ll have a key role in building the future of healthcare from first principles.
Forward was founded in January 2016 by former executives and engineering leaders from Google and Uber. We are funded by some of the world's best investors and entrepreneurs including Founder's Fund, Khosla Ventures, First Round Capital, Eric Schmidt (Google/Alphabet Chairman), Marc Benioff (Salesforce Founder), and Garrett Camp (Uber co-Founder).
Press and Videos:
Virtual Tour of Forward [YouTube]
Health Moves Forward [CEO Blog Post]
Series D Funding Funds Doctor-led Programs [TechCrunch]
Primary Care Start-ups Vying for 170B Market [Business Insider]
The Pivot to Virtual Care [Chief Medical Officer @ Stanford Medicine]
The Meaning of Trans Broken-Arm Syndrome [USA Today]
What You'll Do:
- Tackle problems on the boundary of software, hardware, data science and the real world.
- Work with top-flight software and hardware and data science engineering talent from places like Google, Amazon, Nvidia, Palantir, and NASA JPL.
- Own entire projects while working alongside cross-functional teams of physicians, designers, and operators.
- Lay the foundational groundwork for our engineering systems and practices.
- Collaborate with domain experts in a variety of fields, from AI and machine learning to massive distributed systems and sophisticated scheduling algorithms
- Our engineers have worked on world-class products like core AWS infrastructure, Amazon Go stores, Uber algorithms, and Tesla self-driving cars. They have also contributed to major software projects like TensorFlow and React.
- Your work will directly contribute to saving and improving people’s lives. For real! :)
What We're Looking For:
- Impact - You're deeply mission-driven. You want to use your engineering skills to try and make a positive difference in the world.
- Full stack - You think it's exciting to edit a UI component on one screen, updating the logic of an API on another screen, and monitoring the underlying infrastructure in between.
- Product passion - You want to build the right product that solves a problem that affects us all.
- Entrepreneurship - You’re a self-starter who loves to own things end-to-end. You don’t ask for permission - you’re too busy making things happen.
- Team player - You know how to make those around you better and feed off their energy. You take care of your teammates.
- Curiosity - Do you like to mess around with computer vision, hardware hacking, or bioinformatics in your free time? Have you made your own smart mirror? We have got some fun things for you…
- You have a BS or MS in computer science or a related field
- You have a minimum of 2 years experience working in a related field
The base salary range for this full-time position is $100,000-$220,000, plus equity and benefits. The range displayed on each job posting reflects the minimum and maximum target for new hire salaries for the position across all locations. Within the range, individual pay is determined by factors including job-related skills, experience, relevant education or training, and location.
WHY JOIN FORWARD?
We don’t want to just move dollars around the healthcare industry - we want to rebuild it and fix it. All of it. You’d be a major part of the story behind one of the most ambitious startup attempts of the past decade and you’d work with a team of people who want to use their talents for good.
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion: We deeply understand the value of bringing together a team with different perspectives, educational backgrounds, and life experiences, and we prioritize diversity within our team. We encourage people from underrepresented backgrounds to apply.
We are an equal opportunity employer. In accordance with anti-discrimination law, it is the purpose of this policy to effectuate these principles and mandates. We prohibit discrimination and harassment of any type and affords equal employment opportunities to employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We conform to the spirit as well as to the letter of all applicable laws and regulations. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance and the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Information collected and processed as part of any job application you choose to submit is subject to Forward’s Privacy Notice to California Job Applicants.
Artificial Intelligence Health Care Health Diagnostics Personal Health Subscription Service