Forward is on a bold mission to make high quality healthcare available to a billion people across the globe. We’re building the world’s most advanced healthcare platform from the ground up, combining hardware, software and doctors under one roof. We are scaling our engineering team and looking for world-class engineers with experience and expertise in building robust, scalable APIs and integrating third-party systems. As an early member of our engineering team, you’ll play a key role in building the future of healthcare from first principles.
Forward was founded in January 2016 by former executives and engineering leaders from Google and Uber. We are funded by some of the world's best investors and entrepreneurs including Founder's Fund, Khosla Ventures, First Round Capital, Eric Schmidt (Google/Alphabet Chairman), Marc Benioff (Salesforce Founder), Joe Lonsdale (Palantir Founder), Joshua Kushner (Oscar co-Founder) and Garrett Camp (Uber co-Founder).
Press and Videos:
Virtual Tour of Forward [YouTube]
Health Moves Forward [CEO Blog Post]
Series D Funding Funds Doctor-led Programs [TechCrunch]
Primary Care Start-ups Vying for 170B Market [Business Insider]
The Pivot to Virtual Care [Chief Medical Officer @ Stanford Medicine]
The Meaning of Trans Broken-Arm Syndrome [USA Today]
WHAT YOU'LL DO:
- Design and evolve our cloud data infrastructure for 10x data growth.
- Own foundational datasets used by teams across the company.
- Build platforms that empower non-engineers to create data pipelines and data products.
- Invest in tools that proactively measure, monitor, and improve data quality and accessibility.
- Own entire projects while working alongside cross-functional teams of doctors, designers, and operators.
- Your work will directly contribute to saving and improving people’s lives. For real. :)
WHAT WE'RE LOOKING FOR:
- Data Engineering - You have firsthand experience with database performance tuning, cloud storage and processing technologies (e.g. Redshift, S3, Glue, Lambda, Databricks, DBT), workflow orchestration (e.g. Dagster, Airflow), distributed computing (e.g. Spark, EMR), message queues and streams (e.g. Kafka, Kinesis).
- Good Practices - You care about more than just shipping data, but also doing it in a scalable, efficient, reliable, and secure way.
- Empathy - You spend time understanding the needs, and driving alignment among different data users.
- Entrepreneurship - You’re a self-starter who loves to own things end-to-end. You are excited to try out new technologies and build proof-of-concepts.
- Team player - You know how to make those around you better and feed off their energy. You take care of your teammates.
- You have a BS or MS in computer science or a related technical field.
- You have a minimum of 3 years experience working in a related field.
The base salary range for this full-time position is $100,000-$220,000, plus equity and benefits. The range displayed on each job posting reflects the minimum and maximum target for new hire salaries for the position across all locations. Within the range, individual pay is determined by factors including job-related skills, experience, relevant education or training, and location.
WHY JOIN FORWARD?
We don’t want to just move dollars around the healthcare industry - we want to rebuild it and fix it. All of it. You’d be a major part of the story behind one of the most ambitious startup attempts of the past decade and you’d work with a team of people who want to use their talents for good.
We are an equal opportunity employer. In accordance with anti-discrimination law, it is the purpose of this policy to effectuate these principles and mandates. We prohibit discrimination and harassment of any type and affords equal employment opportunities to employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We conform to the spirit as well as to the letter of all applicable laws and regulations. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance and the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Information collected and processed as part of any job application you choose to submit is subject to Forward’s Privacy Notice to California Job Applicants.
Artificial Intelligence Health Care Health Diagnostics Personal Health Subscription Service