AN EXAMPLE DAY:
- 7:30 - wake up, shower, then it’s a few stops on BART to get from your apartment to the Forward offices in FiDi. The line isn’t too bad at the Blue Bottle so you get coffee there, but your fallback is the cafe in the lobby of the building. Check Honeycomb dashboards to ensure satisfactory resolution of a low-urgency page you saw float by while you were showering.
- 9:30 - Standup, where you realize you need to update an intermediate step of today’s planned rollout, so you Slack the Platform Operations team to coordinate.
- 10:00 - Co-present the improvements in doctor & nurse team sentiment to the medical leads based on your recent feature. Stop by the kitchen counter on the way back to your desk because one of the product managers is just back from vacation in Spain and left treats to share.
- Go heads-down for a few hours integrating a third party service delivery provider with Forward’s clinical quality assurance system. You’ll be showing that off at an internal demo tomorrow and need to pipe the error data through so it’s clear even on the front end that improper or malformed requests are blocked.
- 5:00 - Walking 1:1 with the Head of Legal where you update them about recent changes we made to make the company’s website GDPR-compliant.
- 6:15 - pack up and make it to the Brazilian Jiu Jitsu training gym, where you try to go most days.
WHAT YOU'LL DO:
- Tackle problems on the boundary of software, hardware, and the real world.
- Work with top-flight software, mechanical, and electrical engineering talent from places like Google, Palantir, and NASA JPL.
- Own entire projects while working alongside cross-functional teams of physicians, designers, and operators.
- Lay the foundational groundwork for our engineering systems and practices.
- Collaborate with deep domain experts in fields like AI and NLP. Our engineers made major contributions to projects such as TensorFlow at Google.
- Your work will directly contribute to saving and improving people’s lives. For real. :)
WHAT YOU'RE GOOD AT:
- Impact - You’re deeply mission-driven and you think there’s more to life than software that enables puppy ears to be superimposed on photos. Although we concede those are cute.
- Entrepreneurship - You’re a self-starter who loves to own things end-to-end. You don’t ask for permission - you’re too busy making things happen.
- Full stack - You’ve done front-end, back-end, and every kind of end.
- Curiosity - You like to mess around with computer vision, hardware hacking, or bioinformatics in your free time? You made your own smart mirror? Boy have we got some fun things for you…
- Product passion - You care about the bits you ship ending up in users’ hands. You don’t really need a product manager because you’re basically one yourself.
- Building good teams - Not managing them, building them. You know how to make those around you better and feed off their energy. You take care of your teammates.
Other Jobs from Forward
There are more than 22,000 engineering jobs:
Subscribe to membership and unlock all jobs
39,000+ jobs from 4,300+ well-funded companies
New jobs are added every day as companies post them
Use filters like skill, location, etc to narrow results
Become a member