MoneyLion is a leader in financial technology powering the next generation of personalized products and content - with a top consumer finance mobile app, a premier embedded finance platform & API for enterprise businesses and a world-class media arm. MoneyLion’s mission is to positively change people’s financial path by rewiring the financial system and empowering them with greater financial literacy and access. In our go-to money super app for consumers, we deliver curated content on finance and related topics, through a tailored feed that engages people to learn and share. People take control of their money life with our innovative financial products and marketplace - including our full fledged suite of features for people to save, spend, borrow and invest - seamlessly bringing together the best offers and content from MoneyLion and our 1,000+ enterprise partner network, together in one experience. MoneyLion’s enterprise technology provides the definitive search engine and marketplace for financial products, enabling any company to add embedded finance to their business, with advanced AI-backed data and tools through our platform. Established in 2013, MoneyLion connects millions of people with the financial products and content they need, when and where they need it.
For more information about MoneyLion, please visit www.moneylion.com. For additional information about Engine by MoneyLion for enterprise businesses, please visit www.engine.tech
As Tech Lead, you will have the opportunity to drive significant architectural change in codebases underpinning Even's one million+ users/month monetization infrastructure. Your technical decisions and implementations will directly impact our top line. You will ensure the proper architectural approaches to address business objectives such as developer efficiency, reliability, maintainability, quality and more.
Our Technical Leads (more specifically, “Chapter Leads”) at Even Financial do not directly manage people but have a matrixed group of engineers that specialize in the area of the stack that you will have responsibility. You will determine the vision and strategies of how we evolve our embed technology used by over a million users every month.
Join our team as we expand our technology to incorporate untapped industry verticals; driving innovation through automation and greater personalization.
Day to day:
- Lead and mentor a team of engineers to create great products
- Contribute to the Supply codebases from frontend to backend on AWS, built on the latest iterations of React, Node.js, Scala, Postgres, and more
- Recruit, develop, and retain top talent
- Own software development lifecycle and Agile practices, including sprint planning, retrospectives, etc
- Review code with an emphasis on readability, maintainability, and standards
- Maintain libraries for code used across applications
- Help establish and operationalize best practices and frameworks
- Identify opportunities for improved process, efficiency, and impact
- Participate in discussions around feasibility and scope of product initiatives
- Interface with product, business and other team leads to coordinate resources, define projects and manage work
- Demonstrate company values and promote them on the team: empowerment, transparency, empirical and fearlessness
You may be a fit if you have:
- 5+ years software engineer experience or a strong academic background in computer science
- 2+ years proven success leading, mentoring and developing engineering teams, preferably in a high growth, tech start-up environment
- Demonstrated success collaborating across engineering, product, and business functions to deliver functionality
- Meticulous attention to detail, in both your own work and when reviewing others'
- Strong people skills with a well-developed management philosophy, including opinions on process and how teams should operate
- Strong experience with React.js and Node.js producing APIs (via Express, Loopback, Nest.js, etc) with the ability to contribute code to both of those areas
- Strong experience with browser/webapp performance considerations (i.e. CLS, FCP, Webpack/Babel.js bundling configuration), measurement methods (i.e. Google Lighthouse), APM (Datadog, New Relic, AWS X-Ray), and improvements to them to improve SEO
- Working knowledge of AWS infrastructure, hosting methods of frontend-facing applications, CI/CD pipelines and discussing, if not implementing these infrastructures
Full time employees are eligible for the following benefits:
Comprehensive medical/dental/vision packages + life and disability insurance
401K retirement plan
Uncapped paid time off (PTO)
Company paid holidays + monthly personal holiday
Membership to Udemy
Perks including a monthly wellbeing stipend, $200 one time WFH stipend
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Finance Financial Services FinTech