Life at Elvie; Meaningful work, Exceptional People
We're Elvie. We create smart products, new solutions, and a fair few taboo-busting conversations while we’re at it. Founded by Tania Boler in 2013, we develop extraordinary innovations designed to improve women’s lives. It's a fascinating and challenging area that requires us to solve problems that no one else has ever tackled before.
At Elvie, you’ll be surrounded by people who want to improve everything and everyone around them. People who are passionate about our mission. People who are driven to solve problems and constantly consider the best ways to improve the health and wellbeing of women.
We're deeply proud of our values, which are intrinsic to the way we behave every day. We take them seriously because we want our culture to thrive:
● We make an impact: We’re mission-driven and not afraid to break boundaries. We relentlessly focus on going the extra mile to solve problems.
● We’re fearless innovators: We are passionate, curious, and data-driven. We continuously embrace change and innovation.
● We’re in it together: We fail and learn fast — always as one team — and have fun along the way. We stay authentic and embrace our differences.
Did you know?
In some regions our amazing products are considered to be medical devices. This means we maintain our Medical Device quality management system in compliance with ISO 13485:2016, to support the development of our groundbreaking products
Location: Hybrid working; a mix of working from our Bristol or London office & working remotely #LI-Hybrid
Employment type: Permanent (please note, you must have the right to work in the UK)
About the role:
As a Software Engineer, you will be building and maintaining functionality for our APIs and backend systems, as well as our Content Management System. You will be working in a cross-functional team where you will contribute ideas and implement solutions to improve existing functionality as well as creating new features. You will be in an environment where developing first-class solutions in an enjoyable and rewarding atmosphere is the goal.
What you’ll be doing at Elvie:
● You’ll be designing and developing our API services used by connected products and supporting systems
● Developing product showcases and ecommerce functionality, as an extensive customer care and support reference centre, as well as helping with various integrations
● Troubleshooting and problem solving
● Using a quality driven approach to ensure reliable and robust code
● Developing and maintaining integrations with 3rd party systems
● Pairing on all aspects of the development process
● Working closely with other teams in an agile environment
What we are looking for:
● At least 3 years experience as a Software Engineer/Developer
● Solid understanding of Laravel and Object Oriented Programming concepts and patterns
● Strong experience of PHP and relational databases, preferably MySQL
● Experience building, designing and testing RESTful APIs
● Familiarity of version control and workflows, such as Git
● Experience of front-end frameworks such as VueJS, and package management tools
● Experience of test driven development primarily unit testing (preferably PHPUnit)
● Excellent problem solving skills and passion to learn
● Strong communication skills and critical thinking ability - you can make a strong case and reason it well, but still be open to other ideas
Other Jobs from Elvie
See 15,000+ More Jobs Like These
Subscribe to weekly membership and unlock all jobs
15,000+ jobs from 2,600+ well-funded companies
New jobs are added every day as companies post them
Use filters like skill, location, etc to narrow results