DRW is a diversified trading firm with over 3 decades of experience bringing sophisticated technology and exceptional people together to operate in markets around the world. We value autonomy and the ability to quickly pivot to capture opportunities, so we operate using our own capital and trading at our own risk.
Headquartered in Chicago with offices throughout the U.S., Canada, Europe, and Asia, we trade a variety of asset classes including Fixed Income, ETFs, Equities, FX, Commodities and Energy across all major global markets. We have also leveraged our expertise and technology to expand into three non-traditional strategies: real estate, venture capital and cryptoassets.
We operate with respect, curiosity and open minds. The people who thrive here share our belief that it’s not just what we do that matters–it's how we do it. DRW is a place of high expectations, integrity, innovation and a willingness to challenge consensus.
Our team works on a variety of high-impact machine learning projects across DRW's businesses, and we are looking for a Data Engineer to join us. We work with very large amounts of data and in this role, you will build critical systems to manage and optimize our data workflows. The output of your work will be directly used in all our machine learning experiments and production models and you will have the chance to make great impact to our business. As a member of our team, you will be surrounded by cutting-edge technology and experienced machine learning, data and software professionals providing you with the best possible environment to succeed. You will always have interesting new projects to apply your skillset while also becoming an expert on certain areas.
- Manage large scale data projects, from design to implementation
- Create and manage ETL and data pipelines
- Continuously manage, clean and validate historical and live data for downstream ML tasks
- Combine large datasets from a variety of sources
- Design, build and maintain dashboards to visualize historical and live data
- Build scalable and performant software using software engineering best practices
- Drive data projects and lead new initiatives
- Collaborate with stakeholders from different departments
- A bachelor’s or a master’s degree in computer science, software engineering or equivalent
- 3+ years of experience building software systems
- Proven track record of working with large datasets (ingesting, cleaning, preprocessing, analyzing and validating data)
- Excellent programming and scripting skills (Python, SQL, Go or equivalent)
- Experience working with timeseries structured data or streaming data
- Experience with relational databases, time series databases
- Strong understanding of software engineering principles and best practices
- Strong problem-solving and analytical skills
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills
- Experience with any of these technologies is an asset: Redis, RabbitMQ, GraphQL, Kafka, ELK, Docker, AMQP
What DRW Montreal has to offer you:
- Recognized as one of Canada’s Best Employers for the past 8 years
- Committed to continuous learning & development
- Industry leading benefits package and perks
- Focused on employee well-being and work-life balance
- Community initiatives, volunteer program and opportunities for giving back
Find out more about all of our perks & benefits at: https://drw.com/work-at-drw/montreal-benefits
If you are an experienced software developer who is passionate about data and enjoys working with cutting-edge technologies and solving complex problems, we encourage you to apply for this exciting position. You will have the opportunity to work with a talented and dedicated team to create innovative solutions that can make a significant impact to our business.
For more information about DRW's processing activities and our use of job applicants' data, please view our Privacy Notice at https://drw.com/privacy-notice.
California residents, please review the California Privacy Notice for information about certain legal rights at https://drw.com/california-privacy-notice.
Other Jobs from DRW
There are more than 22,000 engineering jobs:
Subscribe to membership and unlock all jobs
39,000+ jobs from 4,300+ well-funded companies
New jobs are added every day as companies post them
Use filters like skill, location, etc to narrow results
Become a member with 1 day free trial