Docyt is seeking a self-driven and motivated full-stack Senior Software Engineer who is comfortable working in both stacks (backend and frontend) and who will help us to get our platform to the next level. This is a hands-on role with a good amount of technical leadership responsibilities. The successful candidate should have a proven track record of delivering complex full-stack software systems and should be able to efficiently collaborate with a distributed software engineering team by conducting code reviews and by preparing technical design documents. By partnering with the Product team, the candidate will be responsible for the end-to-end delivery of some of our most critical projects.
Docyt, pronounced "docket", (https://docyt.com) is an early-stage, fast-growing FinTech company headquartered in Silicon Valley, California. Docyt is passionately focused on giving small and medium-sized businesses control of their financial data. While great strides have been made in sending and receiving payments, businesses still struggle to aggregate all their financial data, understand it, and use it to make well-informed, timely decisions. Docyt brings order to data chaos.
Docyt is a super app that applies AI (artificial intelligence) across the entire accounting tech stack. Docyt digitizes financial data, automates both income and expense workflows, does continuous reconciliation, and generates real-time financial statements. That explains what we do, but here's why it's important. A complete, accurate, real-time financial picture empowers businesses to make smart choices. Knowledge is power, and using that knowledge to take action leads to forward momentum.
Our product is a powerhouse. It’s technically cutting-edge while also being beautifully designed and easy to use. As our engineering capabilities continue to expand, we’re looking to add to our leadership team.
- *Ruby knowledge is required - please do not submit your application if you have no prior experience working in a Ruby shop*
- Minimum 3 years of Ruby and Ruby on Rails experience
- Good understanding of API design, HTTP, endpoints, REST, JSON
- Database modeling skills
- PostgreSQL or MySQL
- Linux and git
- Working hours must include US Central Time morning time (8am-12pm CT).
- Good written and spoken English
- Previous experience in technical leadership
- Experience with microservices and distributed systems
- Kubernetes / Docker experience
- MongoDB, Elasticsearch experience
- Experience with Python and/or machine learning