As our Senior Software Engineer you will be running a distributed, low-latency, full stack robotics system. Everyday you will design, build, and support features that empower machine learning algorithms, control systems, and intelligent optimal planners through service based architectures, containerization, or cloud computing. You’ll create necessary systems that extend horizontally throughout the stack, with a focus on scalability and maintainability. To thrive in this role you must have experience in designing and architecting solutions to complex software engineering challenges, pushing the creation to deployment, and growing and mentoring peers. You should be constantly investigating new technologies, identifying key concerns, and working with the engineering team to further software engineering excellence.
At Dexterity, we believe robots can positively transform the world. Our breakthrough technology frees people to do the creative, inspiring, problem-solving jobs that humans do best by enabling robots to handle repetitive and physically difficult work.
We’re starting with warehouse automation, where the need for smarter, more resilient supply chains impacts millions of lives and businesses around the world. Dexterity's full-stack robotics systems pick, move, pack, and collaborate with human-like skill, awareness, and learning capabilities. Our systems are software-driven, hardware-agnostic, and have already picked over 15 million goods in production. And did we mention we’re customer-obsessed? Every decision, large and small, is driven by one question – how can we empower our customers with robots to do more than they thought was possible?
Dexterity is one of the fastest growing companies in robotics, backed by world-class investors such as Kleiner Perkins, Lightspeed Venture Partners, and Obvious Ventures. We’re a diverse and multidisciplinary team with a culture built on passion, trust, and dedication. Come join Dexterity and help make intelligent robots a reality!
Day to Day Activities
- Build communication systems that span across multiple distributed systems.
- Design and drive efforts on testing and automation, logging and monitoring, code quality and performance, and documentation and knowledge sharing.
- Architect computational models that drive high performance perception pipelines.
- Provide guidance to other engineers about implementation, design architecture, and style.
- Design abstractions and APIs for testability, maintainability, scalability, usability.
- Strong knowledge of Modern C++ and Python.
- Strong experience with versioning and dependencies across multiple codebases.
- Experience with Linux (kernel, systemd, packaging systems, performance and debugging tools, etc..).
- Knowledge of IPC techniques and implementation.
- Knowledge of containerization and paradigms (docker, kubernetes, etc...).
- Strong grasp of networking concepts, principles, and tools (ARP, TCP, VLANs, DNS, NGINX, wireshark, etc…).
- Strong experience with software development processes (testing, CI/CD, design documentation, project management workflow, code reviews, source control conventions).
- Strong architectural and object oriented or functional design experience - able to start the right patterns of design for proper testability, debuggability, logging trackability, reliability, and scalability.
- Experience deploying softwares and configuring distributed systems.
- Knowledgeable about the full stack of software: web disciplines to low level systems.
Base pay is one element of our Total Rewards package which may also include comprehensive benefits and equity etc., depending on eligibility. The annual base salary range for this position is from $150,000 to $190,000. The actual base pay offered will be determined on factors such as years of relevant experience, skills, education etc. Decisions will be determined on a case-by-case basis.
Equal Opportunity Employer
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Artificial Intelligence Logistics Robotics Supply Chain Management Warehousing