As a Senior Cloud Solutions Engineer at Databricks, you'll be responsible for creating cutting-edge software tools that enhance the efficiency of engineers in their roles. Collaborating with diverse cross-functional teams and content creators, you will design and develop a range of tools and pipelines. Your role will position you as a key member of the go-to team for automation and tooling throughout the organization. Reporting to the Cloud Solutions Manager, this role will be based in Bengaluru, India, with a hybrid/onsite working model.
Impact you will have:
- You’ll have an active role in the planning, design, code, test and debug software applications according to company standards.
- Create playbooks and notebooks for repeated tasks, building automation and tooling.
- Collaborate with Engineering and Support teams to ensure that platforms are designed with a focus on "operability"
- Supporting junior team members (training, mentoring & troubleshooting)
- Responsible for accurate documentation and delivering stable robust features.
- 6-8 years of experience as a Software Development engineer
- Designing and developing applications utilizing Python & React.js or comparable programming languages
- Experience working with relational databases (MySQL)
- Version control experience using GitHub
- Experience with Unix/Linux Operating Systems
- Docker and Kubernetes orchestration is a plus
- Experience building wireframes (UX) is a plus
- Cloud Engineering experience with Microsoft Azure or AWS is a plus
- Deep understanding and skills on debugging and root causing issues in Software applications
- You must be comfortable working in a fast-paced startup environment and be a team player.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, or a related field.
- Proven experience in software development, including but not limited to [specific programming languages, frameworks, or tools relevant to the role].
- Strong problem-solving skills and attention to detail.
- Excellent collaboration and communication skills.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team in a fast-paced environment.
- Medical Benefits
- Employee's Provident Fund
- Equity awards
- Gym reimbursement
- Annual personal development fund
- Work headphones reimbursement
- Business travel insurance
Databricks is the data and AI company. More than 10,000 organizations worldwide — including Comcast, Condé Nast, Grammarly, and over 50% of the Fortune 500 — rely on the Databricks Data Intelligence Platform to unify and democratize data, analytics and AI. Databricks is headquartered in San Francisco, with offices around the globe and was founded by the original creators of Lakehouse, Apache Spark™, Delta Lake and MLflow. To learn more, follow Databricks on Twitter, LinkedIn and Facebook.
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
At Databricks, we are committed to fostering a diverse and inclusive culture where everyone can excel. We take great care to ensure that our hiring practices are inclusive and meet equal employment opportunity standards. Individuals looking for employment at Databricks are considered without regard to age, color, disability, ethnicity, family or marital status, gender identity or expression, language, national origin, physical and mental ability, political affiliation, race, religion, sexual orientation, socio-economic status, veteran status, and other protected characteristics.
If access to export-controlled technology or source code is required for performance of job duties, it is within Employer's discretion whether to apply for a U.S. government license for such positions, and Employer may decline to proceed with an applicant on this basis alone.
Other Jobs from Databricks
There are more than 22,000 engineering jobs:
Subscribe to membership and unlock all jobs
39,000+ jobs from 4,300+ well-funded companies
New jobs are added every day as companies post them
Use filters like skill, location, etc to narrow results
Become a member