We're Cruise, a self-driving service designed for the cities we love.
We’re building the world’s most advanced self-driving vehicles to safely connect people to the places, things, and experiences they care about. We believe self-driving vehicles will help save lives, reshape cities, give back time in transit, and restore freedom of movement for many.
In our cars, you’re free to be yourself. It’s the same here at Cruise. We’re creating a culture that values the experiences and contributions of all of the unique individuals who collectively make up Cruise, so that every employee can do their best work.
Cruise is committed to building a diverse, equitable, and inclusive environment, both in our workplace and in our products. If you are looking to play a part in making a positive impact in the world by advancing the revolutionary work of self-driving cars, come join us. Even if you might not meet every requirement, we strongly encourage you to apply. You might just be the right candidate for us.
We’re looking for an experienced athlete with technical product or program management experience to guide the strategic development of AV Turnaround processes. As an integral member of our Technical Operations team, you will be responsible for defining requirements and procedures that scale across our fleet of autonomous vehicles and reduce operating costs. You’ll partner with Engineering to establish roadmaps that drive continuous improvement and enable step-change improvements.
What you’ll be doing:
Develop, analyze, and recommend system-level solutions that meet our strategic operating and cost objectives to optimize fleet operations of an autonomous fleet
Partner across engineering and operations to procedures that will enable scaling of the AV fleet and ensure our performance metrics are met
Evaluate and secure staffing, equipment, and training needs for operational validation
Support draft and execution of feature roadmaps that enable more efficient operations as we roll out new hardware platforms
Build collaborative relationships across partners, both internal and external to influence and create consensus to take the project forward
What you must have:
5+ years in technical product or program management or similar roles in technology industry
Excellent verbal and written communication skills, impeccable integrity, good judgment, and strong analytical abilities
Ability to understand and communicate complex processes clearly to executive-level audience
Ability to influence without authority and drive consensus with partners across Engineering, commercial and external teams.
Operate with a high level of autonomy with an ability to prioritize numerous activities and projects
Ability to adapt, operate, and act conclusively and independently in an ambiguous environment
Ability to drive business solutions and procedures from planning phase through to implementation with multiple partners
Experience leading sophisticated fast-paced critical initiatives spanning multiple teams and organizations, often with conflicting priorities and schedules
Passion for self-driving car technology and its impact on the world
MBA or Masters Degree in relevant business or analytics field
Experience with robotics, connectivity, networking, autonomous vehicles, or other technical startups
Experience with vehicle development at automotive OEMs or tier 1 suppliers
Consistent record delivering innovative solutions to technical challenges
The salary range for this position is $127,200 - 187,000. Compensation will vary depending on location, job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. You may also be offered a bonus, restricted stock units, and benefits. These ranges are subject to change.
Our benefits are here to support the whole you:
- Competitive salary and benefits
- 401(k) Cruise matching program
- Medical / dental / vision, AD+D and Life
- One Medical membership
- Subsidized mental health benefits
- Flexible vacation and company paid holidays
- Healthy meals and snacks provided for non-remote employees
- Paid parental, jury duty, bereavement, family care, and medical leave
- Fertility Benefits
- Dependent Care Flexible Spending Account, subsidized by Cruise
- Flexible Spending Account
- Monthly wellness stipend
- Pre-tax Commuter Benefit Plan for non-remote employees
- CruiseFlex, a working policy for US-Based Cruisers, lets you and your manager find the working style that’s best for you, whether it’s primarily in-person, primarily at home, or a combination of home and in-office time. - learn more about CruiseFlex here
Through our partnerships with General Motors and Honda, we are the only self-driving company with fully integrated manufacturing at scale.
- GM, Honda, Microsoft, T. Rowe Price, and Walmart have invested billions in Cruise. Their backing for our technology demonstrates their confidence in our progress, team, and vision and makes us one of the leading autonomous vehicle organizations in the industry. Our deep resources greatly accelerate our operating speed.
- We have our own governance, board of directors, equity, and investors. Our independence allows us to not just work on the edge of technology, but also define it.
- You won’t just own your work here, you’ll have the potential to own equity in Cruise, too. We are competing in a market that is projected to grow exponentially, which gives our company valuation room to grow. We offer a new kind of equity program called Recurring Liquidity Opportunity (RLO), which combines IPO-like liquidity with the stability of remaining private - learn more about RLO here
Cruise LLC is an equal opportunity employer. We strive to create a supportive and inclusive workplace where contributions are valued and celebrated, and our employees thrive by being themselves and are inspired to do the best work of their lives. We seek applicants of all backgrounds and identities, across race, color, caste, ethnicity, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy or parental status, or disability. Applicants will not be discriminated against based on these or other protected categories or social identities. Cruise will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records, in accordance with applicable laws.
Cruise is committed to the full inclusion of all applicants. If reasonable accommodation is needed to participate in the job application or interview process please let our recruiting team know or email HR@getcruise.com.
We proactively work to design hiring processes that promote equity and inclusion while mitigating bias. To help us track the effectiveness and inclusivity of our recruiting efforts, please consider answering the following demographic questions. Answering these questions is entirely voluntary. Your answers to these questions will not be shared with the hiring decision makers and will not impact the hiring decision in any way. Instead, Cruise will use this information not only to comply with any government reporting obligations but also to track our progress toward meeting our diversity, equity, inclusion, and belonging objectives.
Candidates applying for roles that operate and remotely operate the AV: Licensed to drive a motor vehicle in the U.S. for the three years immediately preceding your application, currently holding an active in-state regular driver’s license or equivalent, and no more than one point on driving record. A successful completion of a background check, drug screen and DMV Motor Vehicle Record check is also required.
Note to Recruitment Agencies: Cruise does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Furthermore, Cruise does not pay placement fees for candidates submitted by any agency other than its approved partners.