As an Architect Data Engineer, you will be working as an individual contributor in implementing modern data architecture, data engineering pipelines, and advanced analytical solutions. Our projects range from implementing enterprise data lakes and data warehouses using best practices for on-prem and cloud solutions, building visualizations and dashboards, unifying data for a single view of the customer, or predicting next-best outcomes with advanced analytics.
You will act as an Architect Data Engineer on projects to scope and estimate work streams, architect and model technical solutions to meet business requirements, serve as a technical expert in client communications. On a typical day, you might expect to participate in design sessions, build data structures for an enterprise data lake or statistical models for a machine learning algorithm and manage technical backlogs and release management tools.
WHO YOU ARE:
- You have a minimum of 14+ years of technical, hands-on experience building, optimizing, and implementing data pipelines and architecture
- Hands-on experience to wrangle, explore, and analyse data to answer specific business questions and identify opportunities for improvement
- You are a highly driven professional and enjoy serving in a fast-paced, dynamic role where delivering solutions to exceed high expectations is a measure of success
- You have a passion for providing both formal and informal mentorship
- You have strong communication and interpersonal skills
- You have a deep understanding of data governance and data privacy best practices
Required bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Engineering, Mathematics, Management Information Systems or a related field of study
The ideal candidate will have technical knowledge of the following:
- Big data tools (e.g. Hadoop, Spark, Kafka, etc.)
- Relational SQL and NoSQL databases (e.g. Postgres, MySQL, SQL Server, Cassandra, MongoDB, etc.)
- Data pipeline and workflow management tools (e.g. Azkaban, Oozie, Luigi, Airflow, etc.)
- Stream-processing systems (e.g. Storm, Spark-Streaming, etc.)
- Scripting languages (e.g. Python, Java, C++, Scala, etc.)
- Container Orchestration (e.g. Kubernetes, Docker, etc.)
Experience with one or more of the following cloud service providers:
- AWS cloud services
- Google Cloud Platform
- Azure cloud services
WHO WE ARE:
- Credera is a management consulting, user experience, and technology solutions firm with offices in Dallas, Denver, Houston, Chicago, Los Angeles, San Francisco, Seattle, Atlanta, New York, London, Leeds, Berlin, Singapore, Sydney and Hyderabad
- Credera is a full-service management consulting, user experience, and technology solutions firm, with clients ranging from Fortune 500 companies to emerging industry leaders
- We collaborate with clients to provide expert, objective advice to help solve complex business and technology challenges
- Credera has received a number of state and national awards! Please check out our employer awards at: https://www.credera.com/awards-and-recognition
- Our data capabilities help our clients gain competitive advantage by transforming raw data into insights that enable actionable decision making. Our business-driven approach to envisioning and implementing innovative solutions helps organizations tackle their market, increase customer engagement and grow revenue profitably via advanced technology. Our data capabilities serve our clients across a broad spectrum of areas, specializing in Data Strategy, Modern Data Architecture, Data Visualization, Business Insights, Data Analytics and Artificial Intelligence.
How we work
Our foundational competitive advantage is simply doing what we say we will do. To deliver on that advantage, we employ proven product strategy, beautiful visual design and agile software delivery using cross-functional teams. Most teams are a mix of strategy, design and technology consultants working closely with clients to solve their toughest challenges. Inter-discipline collaboration is encouraged among different technology platforms or programming languages because silos don’t build speed.
Like what you hear but worried about high travel? Know that our goal is to keep travel to a minimum and most projects do not require travel. An average would be 0% up to 30%.
Check out our Glassdoor reviews to read what our employees have to say!
Your first week with us
We want you to start your career with Credera simply by spending your first week getting to know the talented individuals that work here. You will learn about our service offerings, focus areas and how we execute projects through informal conversations with leaders from across the firm.
An on-boarding peer will help you walk through all aspects of the Credera work-life and be your guide as you get yourself ready for your first project with us. You will also be treated to lunch by your Practice Leader and Mentor whose jobs are to help you navigate your career at Credera, act as your advocates, make helpful recommendations that align with your strengths, and set you up for success by providing clarity and vision.
Your first six months with us
You will create amazing, custom software solutions that solve our clients' most challenging problems using a combination of industry standard and cutting-edge technologies. You will work on complex, high-volume software solutions that use open source frameworks and client-side technologies. A typical client engagement includes developing a rich UI in AngularJS or React and backed by a REST API powered by the Spring Framework.
You will collaborate with a team of highly qualified and smart individuals to write efficient code, make code modifications, practice test-driven-development, and identify, troubleshoot and solve software defects. Our typical project length is about 6 months and typical team size is 6-8 engineers. We follow an agile methodology on all our projects.
Check out what our teams have done for some of our clients by visiting our Client Stories!
Your first two years with us
At the end of your first two years, you will have worked on multiple projects and been exposed to different sets of technologies and business domains. At this point in your career with us, you will be looking to move to the next level and your efforts will be supported by Credera’s professional development program to help you build the depth and breadth required to advance your career. This includes a roadmap laying out recommended training and development specific to your level, on-the-job training and exposure, internal Credera University classes, and external certifications, conferences, or seminars that align with your personal development and the needs of the firm.
Other Jobs from Credera
There are more than 50,000 engineering jobs:
Subscribe to membership and unlock all jobs
50,000+ jobs from 4,500+ well-funded companies
New jobs are added every day as companies post them
Use filters like skill, location, etc to narrow results
Become a member
🎉 12 people have signed up in the past 7 days.
Overall, over 80% of customers chose to renew their subscriptions after the initial sign-up.
Cancel anytime / Money-back guarantee