Cohesity is on a mission to radically simplify how organizations secure and manage their data, while unlocking limitless value. As a leader in data security and management, we make it easy to secure, protect, manage and derive value from data—across the data center, edge, and cloud. At Cohesity, we're a group of builders and go-getters who are committed to doing the right thing. We encourage you to come as you are, as our differences make us stronger.
Join us and we'll lead the way together.
Cohesity is seeing rapid adoption in enterprises and the scale of deployments is growing every quarter. System Testing is one of the crucial components for providing a detailed user experience when running different workloads. It is the most highly visible and impactful area that has a potential for defining the strategic directions for Cohesity’s hyper-converged appliance.
Ideal candidate is passionate about System Testing, has an intuitive understanding of the limits of every layer in the hardware/software stack, has the intellectual difficulty to reason about the theoretical limits of our software architecture and be responsible for the areas with the highest impact.
What You Will Be Doing:
- Work on innovative products for our on-prem as well as SaaS offerings areas and lead the test effort of multiple features.
- Work with the engineering team during the feature design and implementation phases to develop: the test methodology (crafting the test approach) to test the feature end-to-end.
- Collaborate with other testing members, developers, technical writers, and customer solutions engineers to ensure the company delivers high quality products to our customers.
- Implement multiple iterations of the test plan by running manual and automated test cases.
- Analyze failures and root cause issues, file defects, follow up with developers, documentation and other teams on the resolution.
- Automate test cases.
- Supervise and run continuous integration environments.
- Mentor team members.
What You Bring Along:
- BE, B.Tech/ME, M.Tech is Computer Science
- Demonstrated experience with testing “systems” products (storage, networking, virtualization, etc.)
- Creative, independent, self-motivated and willing to learn new technology.
- Possess good understanding of QA methodologies and processes.
- Ability to take up a variety of roles in a startup environment.
- Excellent troubleshooting abilities spanning multiple software and hardware components (such as switches, storage systems, kernels).
- Good knowledge of Linux and shell.
- Prior experience of programming, preferably in Go or Python.
- Comfortable with one or more Hypervisors - ESXi, HyperV, KVM.
- Experience with distributed systems (databases, storage, map-reduce frameworks, etc.) is a plus.
- Strong test planning ability is a huge plus.
- Confirmed experience in any of the following areas: Data Protection, Filesystem, Cloud, SaaS, Platform.
Data Privacy Notice for Job Candidates:
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer (EEOE)
Cohesity is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin or nationality, ancestry, age, disability, gender identity or expression, marital status, veteran status or any other category protected by law.
If you are an individual with a disability and require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process, or are limited in the ability or unable to access or use this online application process and need an alternative method for applying, you may contact us at 1-855-9COHESITY or email@example.com for assistance.
Cohesity employees who are within a reasonable commute (e.g. within a forty-five (45) minute average travel time) work out of our core offices 2-3 days a week of their choosing.
Other Jobs from Cohesity
There are more than 22,000 engineering jobs:
Subscribe to membership and unlock all jobs
39,000+ jobs from 4,300+ well-funded companies
New jobs are added every day as companies post them
Use filters like skill, location, etc to narrow results
Become a member