Cohesity is on a mission to radically simplify how organizations secure and manage their data, while unlocking limitless value. As a leader in data security and management, we make it easy to secure, protect, manage and derive value from data—across the data center, edge, and cloud. At Cohesity, we're a group of builders and go-getters who are committed to doing the right thing. We encourage you to come as you are, as our differences make us stronger.
Join us and we'll lead the way together.
As an IT Support Engineer, you’ll be responsible for many operational and project-based tasks, such as supporting SasS-based applications, remote troubleshooting, new hire onboarding, and office conferencing systems. You will also help maintain the company's IT network, servers and security systems. This role is essential within any organization to ensure business continuity. If an IT system fails, the impact on the day-to-day running of the business can be significant, sometimes catastrophic.
To ensure this doesn’t happen, you'll be responsible for investigating and diagnosing network problems, collecting IT usage stats, making recommendations for improving the company's IT systems and carrying out routine configuration and installation of IT solutions. You will report and work closely with the Cohesity IT Team in the USA Headquarters to help the company succeed globally.
Opportunity: This is a rare chance to join a successful company at an early stage. The ideal candidate will thrive on the challenges of working in a dynamic and evolving team. We seek a team player with a passion for their work and a drive to succeed. This person will own what they do but will also be required to help cross-train the team. Please note that this role will be based in our offices in Cork, Ireland.
- Acting as the main point of contact for IT Desktop related issues globally
- Provide IT support services for all aspects of user account setup and maintenance, system patching, antivirus, system imaging, break/fix on PC and Mac platforms, video conference equipment, printers/copiers, phone systems, and general IT hardware/software.
- New Hire setups, including creating/managing necessary local/online accounts for various applications deploying work computers internationally via shipping partners.
- Help mitigate incidents and patch IT systems to the latest software.
- Responsible for timely resolution of assigned incidents and change tickets within established Service Level Agreements (SLA).
- Manage individual workflow and maintain the current ticket queue via the IT ticketing system
- Create and maintain SOP\KB\Policy\Procedure documentation and escalate issues appropriately to higher-level staff
- Research and recommend innovative and, where possible, automated approaches for system administration tasks; identify strategies that leverage our resources and provide economies of scale automation.
- Perform, monitor, and maintain comprehensive routine operations for IT infrastructure, such as system health monitoring, performance tuning up, backup and restore, etc.
- Assist networking team with troubleshooting at local sites
- Working knowledge of Google GSuite and ability to effectively administer the environment.
- Inventory tracking, asset management and IT lifecycle management
- Working knowledge of Okta and ability to work effectively within the platform.
- Provide after-hours and weekend on-call support as needed
- Working knowledge of ITAM-ITIL processes
- Experience with international logistics in the capacity of shipping and collection of company assets.
- Ability to support a global organisation across multiple time zones
- Working knowledge of Zoom and ability to support Zoom room conferences and events
- 3-5 years experience in desktop support, skillful in troubleshooting in Windows and Mac environments.
- 5+ years of hands-on systems administration experience in a corporate IT environment.
- 5+ years experience in supporting production office networks, a good understanding of TCP/IP, and the ability to find and troubleshoot issues across the entire OSI stack.
- 3+ years of experience supporting IT functions globally.
- 3+ years of experience supporting international device logistics.
- Experience in maintaining a lab environment and monitoring equipment.
- Ability to manage many assignments independently and proficient with at least one ticket management system.
- Strong customer service and oral/written communication skills.
- Must be comfortable working in a collaborative functional team environment.
- Occasionally work evenings and weekends, sometimes with little advance notice.
- Mobile Device support for iOS and Android
- Experience with VMware Horizon View environment
- Experience with Jamf, Kace, Crowdstrike, GSuite, Okta, Office, Zoom
Data Privacy Notice for Job Candidates:
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer (EEOE)
Cohesity is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin or nationality, ancestry, age, disability, gender identity or expression, marital status, veteran status or any other category protected by law.
If you are an individual with a disability and require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process, or are limited in the ability or unable to access or use this online application process and need an alternative method for applying, you may contact us at 1-855-9COHESITY or firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.
Cohesity employees who are within a reasonable commute (e.g. within a forty-five (45) minute average travel time) work out of our core offices 2-3 days a week of their choosing.
Other Jobs from Cohesity
See 15,000+ More Jobs Like These
Subscribe to weekly membership and unlock all jobs
15,000+ jobs from 2,600+ well-funded companies
New jobs are added every day as companies post them
Use filters like skill, location, etc to narrow results
Become a member