Thank you for your interest in joining Cognite; please note that our Hiring- and Talent Acquisition teams are currently on holiday, and we'll diligently review all applications upon our return in January.
The Product team is the team responsible for developing Cognite Data Fusion as a robust and scalable platform for solving industrial data problems at Cognite. The industrial data problem is at the heart of transforming asset-intensive industries to be safer, more sustainable and more profitable. Cognite’s Cognite Data Fusion makes the operational data available at scale and adds value to the data through data processing. This enables asset-intensive industries to make data-driven decisions. Our platform is built on many different technologies, each good at solving various challenges.
To build the best possible product, we believe in autonomous teams with developers, designers and product managers working closely together. Our teams are working on building the next-generation industrial data platform and applications across many different industries, such as Oil & Gas, Manufacturing, and Power & Utility. This includes enabling all types of workflows, including analytics, to assist in making better decisions. We are a good mix of engineers, products, and design. What we have in common is that we care deeply about the user experience and that we create products that users really want to use.
Our work environment is exciting, dynamic and intense. You will work with the best domain and industry experts: designers, product managers, backend developers, ML engineers, 3D developers and business leaders. We support one another, ask good questions, and give each other constructive feedback. Our goal is to leverage our diverse set of strengths and backgrounds to build innovative products, to think outside the ordinary, and to grind through and nurture a great culture.
Key responsibilities in the role as our Front-end Engineer
- Work with a wide range of systems, processes, and technologies and own and solve problems end-to-end.
- Collaborate in a fast-paced environment involving different stakeholders and subject matter experts.
- Design solutions for users that help them get their jobs done.
- Design and implement elegant APIs, user experiences, and the underlying infrastructure.
- Be actively involved in setting product and technical direction.
- Be actively involved in product and technical decisions.
- Work closely with our skilled users to understand their needs and build products to help them succeed.
- You like to make users happy 😄
- You can prioritize your tasks and distribute your time and resources most efficiently to optimize for impact.
- You write well-structured, efficient, and maintainable code and actively keep the quality of the codebase in check.
- You have front-end experience in frameworks such as React, Angular, Vue, or something similar.
- Ability to learn other coding languages and use the language best fit for purpose.
- Used to work in an English-speaking environment.
As we are hiring across several teams, many past experiences can be a bonus, for example:
- Experience leading teams or projects is a big plus; the same is experienced with architecting front-end tiers for complex domains
- Experience in process industry projects
- Knowledge of Python and data analytics
- Experience building mobile applications
Why choose Cognite?
A snapshot of our many benefits as a Cogniter
- Receive competitive salary and benefits, including a pension plan, insurance, parental benefits, and much more.
- Gain perks like a paid mobile telephone subscription and broadband connection.
- Get access to extended private health services with Aker Care.
- Hungry? We’ve got your back. A subsidized lunch at the canteen is delivered by our chefs who specialise in options for both vegetarians and meat lovers, salads and hot soups every day
- Stay fueled between meals with snacks and drinks on the house.
- Our own Cognite exclusive coffee bar with the friendliest baristas is here to brew coffee for coffee lovers, tea for tea lovers and their creative concoctions when the mood strikes.
- Stay in shape with a free membership to our fully-staffed gym on-site.
- A pet lover? Get the chance to meet Spot!
Exciting journey you'd like to jump on?
We want to hear from you if you think the role sounds interesting. Apply today!
If you have questions about the role or Cognite, you are welcome to contact our Senior Recruiter, Amy Ruban (email@example.com), or Eira Monstad (firstname.lastname@example.org) or Kwinten Van de Broeck (email@example.com) for technical questions.
Cognite is a global industrial SaaS company that was established with one clear vision: to rapidly empower industrial companies with contextualized, trustworthy, and accessible data to help drive the full-scale digital transformation of asset-heavy industries around the world. Our core Industrial DataOps platform, Cognite Data Fusion™, enables industrial data and domain users to collaborate quickly and safely to develop, operationalize, and scale industrial AI solutions and applications to deliver both profitability and sustainability. Visit us at www.cognite.com and follow us on Twitter @CogniteData or LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/company/cognitedata
Cognite is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment at work and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive the same level of consideration for employment; everyone we hire will receive the same level of consideration for training, compensation, and promotion.
We ask for gender as part of our application because we want to ensure equal assessment in the recruitment process. Your answer will help us reach this commitment! However, the question about gender is optional and your choice not to answer will not affect the assessment of your application in any way.