Circle is a financial technology company at the epicenter of the emerging internet of money, where value can finally travel like other digital data — globally, nearly instantly and less expensively than legacy settlement systems. This ground-breaking new internet layer opens up previously unimaginable possibilities for payments, commerce and markets that can help raise global economic prosperity and enhance inclusion. Our infrastructure – including USDC, a blockchain-based dollar – helps businesses, institutions and developers harness these breakthroughs and capitalize on this major turning point in the evolution of money and technology.
What you’ll be part of:
Circle is committed to visibility and stability in everything we do. As we grow as an organization, we're expanding into some of the world's strongest jurisdictions. Speed and efficiency are motivators for our success and our employees live by our company values: Multistakeholder, Mindfulness, Driven by Excellence and High Integrity. Circlers are consistently evolving in a remote world where strength in numbers fuels team success. We have built a flexible and diverse work environment where new ideas are encouraged and everyone is a stakeholder.
Engineering at Circle:
The Engineering team at Circle plays a pivotal role in powering Circle's innovative financial infrastructure. We are responsible for developing and maintaining cutting-edge technologies to support the seamless and secure transfer of digital assets. Circle’s most notable accomplishment is the creation and ongoing development of stablecoins like USDC and EURC, which provide reliable, regulated, and scalable digital currencies across an interoperable blockchain ecosystem. Additionally, our team focuses on advancing our Cross-Chain Transfer Protocol, enabling the frictionless movement of USDC and EURC across our growing number of blockchain networks. We also build Programmable Wallets, enabling users to easily access digital currencies, NFTs, and other blockchain-powered experiences. Lastly, we specialize in enhancing Circle's Smart Contract Platform, providing a secure and efficient environment for Circle customers to create and deploy smart contracts. With our relentless pursuit of innovation, the Engineering team at Circle is at the forefront of revolutionizing the future of digital finance.
You will aspire to our four core values:
- Multistakeholder - you have dedication and commitment to our customers, shareholders, employees and families and local communities.
- Mindful - you seek to be respectful, an active listener and to pay attention to detail.
- Driven by Excellence - you are driven by our mission and our passion for customer success which means you relentlessly pursue excellence, that you do not tolerate mediocrity and you work intensely to achieve your goals.
- High Integrity - you seek open and honest communication, and you hold yourself to very high moral and ethical standards. You reject manipulation, dishonesty and intolerance.
Your team is responsible for:
Developers love using Circle APIs but our business partners rely on our client tools for their day-to-day insights and health of their billing stack. To that end, you’ll work on providing a seamless onboarding flow to help new business get their payments off the ground. And as a new business launches with Circle APIs, they use Circle’s dashboards (with your help!) to help manage and optimize their payments. You’ll be part of a small frontend team where you will play a key role in helping us create delightful customer experiences in a sound and scalable way.
You'll work on:
- Challenging (and fun!) problems centered around digital currencies & their adoption. Did we mention that Circle launched a “programmable dollar” called USD Coin (or USDC)?
- Building modern front-end applications with beautiful & consistent UI for our customers
- Partner with our Product and Design teams to define the best UX for the tools we’re building
- Experimentation, A/B tests and client feedback sessions to stay connected to our users and constantly provide delightful experiences
- Participate in code reviews to maintain code quality
You'll bring to Circle:
- A keen sense of knowing when a feature “works” and when it can be improved.
- A focus on coding standards and code quality -- a desire to have great test coverage to enable continuous delivery
- Excellent communication skills, able to collaborate with remote teams, share ideas and present concepts effectively
- Self-starter, you enjoy moving at a fast pace, shipping software that improves the user experience and constantly improving your work with little supervision
- This position is eligible for day-one PERM sponsorship for qualified candidates.
Circle is on a mission to create an inclusive financial future, with transparency at our core. We consider a wide variety of elements when crafting our compensation ranges and total compensation packages.
Starting pay is determined by various factors, including but not limited to: relevant experience, skill set, qualifications, and other business and organizational needs. Please note that compensation ranges may differ for candidates in other locations.
Base Pay Range: $147,500 - $195,000
Annual Bonus Target: 12.5%
Also Included: Equity & Benefits (including medical, dental, vision and 401(k)). Circle has a discretionary vacation policy. We also provide 10 days of paid sick leave per year and 11 paid holidays per year in the U.S.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at Circle. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. Additionally, Circle participates in the E-Verify Program in certain locations, as required by law.
Other Jobs from Circle
See 15,000+ More Jobs Like These
Subscribe to weekly membership and unlock all jobs
15,000+ jobs from 2,600+ well-funded companies
New jobs are added every day as companies post them
Use filters like skill, location, etc to narrow results
Become a member