We believe that the future of transportation is automated. Automated travel will be safer, more comfortable, more efficient and a powerful economic enabler for our communities. However, automating driving is a massively complex engineering challenge, requiring vehicles to navigate social norms, regional traffic patterns, unpredictable weather incidents, and a host of anomalous events. While billions of dollars have already been spent trying to solve this problem, a comprehensive answer remains frustratingly elusive. We believe that the final answer lies with roadway infrastructure.
Join us in building the roads of the future. Cavnue, which recently announced the closing of its Series A at $130M, is bridging technology and road infrastructure to realize a safer, more efficient, and more accessible future for automated transportation. Cavnue’s experienced team sits at the intersection of technology, infrastructure, and government—working together to develop and deploy the world’s most advanced roads. We are incorporating physical and digital infrastructure that unlock the full spectrum of capabilities of current and future automated vehicle technologies. We believe in a world in which road infrastructure shares in the complexity of autonomy and, instead of being another problem to solve for, becomes a core part of the solution.
As a Senior Software Engineer, you’ll take part in the creation of a software ecosystem that will transform transportation. We’re building and using a platform inspired by microservices, Internet of Things, and robotics. We’ll leverage amazing existing work and create groundbreaking new technologies. It’s a fresh slate, so you’ll help pick the tools and practices we use. And contribute to the development of a great, positive engineering culture!
- Design and implement new systems, services, and features to support our product architecture and processes. Primary areas include:
- Platform – powerful building blocks point the way to great products
- Developer Experience – great environments usher great software
- Application and Visualization – every pixel and millisecond matters
- Integration – connect the parts to make the system work
- Verification and Validation – mission critical software warrants world-class testing
- Engineer data structures, databases, and data lakes for optimal performance and reactivity
- Work with Typescript (React), Python, GraphQL, Postgres, Three.js/WebGL, or C++
- Assurance of high-quality code through standards adoption, lifecycle testing, and continuous monitoring for opportunities to improve
- Establish low-latency/high throughput APIs on streaming packets of data from the edge
- Contribute to a health and positive engineering culture
- You have at least 5+ years of professional software development experience
- You hold a MS/BS Degree in Compute Science, Engineering or equivalent experience
- You have excellent C++ skills, and proficient with Python
- You enjoy working with Git, GitHub, Jira, Confluence – or similar tools – including complex operations and workflows
- You have worked in development of complex build processes and optimizing developer workflows
- You are comfortable working in a Linux environment
- You hold a history of building software in highly-collaborative environments
- You have the willingness and eagerness to think about how to solve problems for multiple users through common interaction patterns
- You have a strong understanding of how to delight end-users who aren’t tech-native as well as ones who breathe code
- You have a history of designing practical and compelling architectures and systems
- Knowledgeable practitioner of agile software development methodologies; being a power user of JIRA and/or Confluence
- Familiarity with different programming paradigms (procedural, functional), styles (STL, generics), and idioms
- Experience with ML (machine learning) and artificial intelligence (AI)
- Familiarity with geospatial analytics and visualization frameworks (e.g., Leaflet, Mapbox.js, Kepler)
- Any knowledge of automotive or transportation industries
- Remote friendly and flexible work environment
- Company 401K match
- Parental, childbirth, and adoption leave
- Wellness perks including access to on-demand primary care, virtual health appointments, and online mental health therapy
- Home office reimbursement policy
- Generous PTO policy, including paid year-end holiday shut down
- Learning and development opportunities
- Top of the line equipment for our team members!
We are building an incredible team of employees with diverse backgrounds and experiences. We believe that great work can occur anywhere and are open to considering candidates who meet our needs who reside outside our geographic footprint. We also value the impact that can result from co-located teams and some roles may require regular presence in one of our offices.
Cavnue is an Equal Opportunity Employer and prohibits discrimination or harassment of any kind. All employment decisions at Cavnue are based on business needs, job requirements, and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, national origin, sex, gender, age, religion or belief, disability, sexual orientation, family or parental status, veteran status, or any other status protected by law.