We believe that the future of transportation is automated. Automated travel will be safer, more comfortable, more efficient and a powerful economic enabler for our communities. However, automating driving is a massively complex engineering challenge, requiring vehicles to navigate social norms, regional traffic patterns, unpredictable weather incidents, and a host of anomalous events. While billions of dollars have already been spent trying to solve this problem, a comprehensive answer remains frustratingly elusive. We believe that the final answer lies with roadway infrastructure.
Join us in building the roads of the future. Cavnue, which recently announced the closing of its Series A at $130M, is bridging technology and road infrastructure to realize a safer, more efficient, and more accessible future for automated transportation. Cavnue’s experienced team sits at the intersection of technology, infrastructure, and government—working together to develop and deploy the world’s most advanced roads. We are incorporating physical and digital infrastructure that unlock the full spectrum of capabilities of current and future automated vehicle technologies. We believe in a world in which road infrastructure shares in the complexity of autonomy and, instead of being another problem to solve for, becomes a core part of the solution.
As a Senior Machine Learning Engineer at Cavnue, you’ll bring critical skills to a team working on changing the built environment to create safe, reliable, and secure mobility experiences. We’re looking for someone who is familiar with PyTorch and signal phases, and for someone who has developed machine learning models into real applications. Help us build and solve some of the most complex, near real-time coordination problems at scales that matter to everyday people using our streets.
- Developing applied solutions for real-world, complex problems in autonomous robotics and road transportation
- Designing for each stage in the ML model lifecycle, designing, training, testing, and deploying ML models.
- Applying data mining, ML, and other analysis techniques to solve complex business problems and working closely with the Product and Business Development teams to frame problems and build solutions that address real-world customer needs.
- Working with the Product and Engineering teams to ensure that the right data sets are being collected for relevant tasks at varying geospatial and temporal scales
- Participating in the engineering lifecycle and designing high-quality ML infrastructure and data pipelines, defining production code standards, conducting code reviews, and working alongside infrastructure, reliability, and hardware engineering teams.
- Expanding Cavnue’s competitive advantage through understanding, applying, or inventing novel ML and CS techniques
- MS or Ph.D. in Computer Science, Engineering, or related quantitative field that demonstrates knowledge of AI, machine learning, optimization, random processes, sensor signal processing, or mathematical modeling
- At least 5+ years of work experience, preferably in the autonomous vehicle or robotics space
- Deep expertise in statistics and scientific computing, familiarity with latest in productionized computer vision technologies and algorithms, particularly deep learning, reinforcement learning, classification, and pattern recognition.
- Ideal candidates will also have experience in statistical signal processing and its application to sensor data or experience leveraging techniques such as graph neural networks for developing predictive models for complex networks
- Firm grasp of large-scale data structures and data pipelines, data modeling, software architectures, and the latest ML libraries and frameworks e.g. TensorFlow, Pytorch.
- Python experience required
- Remote friendly and flexible work environment
- Company 401K match
- Parental, childbirth, and adoption leave
- Wellness perks including access to on-demand primary care, virtual health appointments, and online mental health therapy
- Home office reimbursement policy
- Generous PTO policy, including paid year-end holiday shut down
- Learning and development opportunities
- Top of the line equipment for our team members!
We are building an incredible team of employees with diverse backgrounds and experiences. We believe that great work can occur anywhere and are open to considering candidates who meet our needs who reside outside our geographic footprint. We also value the impact that can result from co-located teams and some roles may require regular presence in one of our offices.
Cavnue is an Equal Opportunity Employer and prohibits discrimination or harassment of any kind. All employment decisions at Cavnue are based on business needs, job requirements, and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, national origin, sex, gender, age, religion or belief, disability, sexual orientation, family or parental status, veteran status, or any other status protected by law.