At Cardless, we’re building a credit card and loyalty platform that consumer businesses use to engage their customers. We’ve launched 9 credit cards, including for the largest mall operator in the U.S. and the largest airline in South America. We help businesses bring imaginative card programs to life, and have pioneered technology to embed credit card features natively into their products.
We value curiosity, humility, and intensity — we move fast and take ownership. This is a place where a motivated, resourceful individual can have an enormous impact on our trajectory. We're headquartered in San Francisco, and have raised about $60M in equity funding from top venture capital firms and angels.
We are looking for an experienced frontend engineer to join our team! Our engineering team has recently launched a highly innovative embedded credit card product, which is the first of its kind on the market, offering a seamless, convenient and rewarding payment experience for users. Our mission is to ensure that brands can build credit card products for their most valued customers to improve engagement and loyalty.
As the lead frontend engineer on the team, you'll have the opportunity to architect and create new products that can scale to meet our growing needs. You will collaborate with stakeholders from product, data science, design, operations, compliance and risk to iteratively build a reliable, and delightful experience for our customers.
- Scoping, designing, and leading technical projects, laying the groundwork for early-stage products to iteratively evolve and scale.
- Building interactive single-page applications, built on modern front-end frameworks like React.
- Working on both the 0 to 1 stage and the 1 to 10 stage of problems.
- Partnering with other leaders across the business to translate ambitious, data-first growth strategies into technical plans.
- Getting involved in building the frontend technical roadmap of the team and of broader company efforts.
- Ensuring our UI and backend components are reliable, secure, extensible, and accessible.
- Acting as a mentor to other developers on the team.
- Participating in hiring activities: take part in technical interviews, live coding, share detailed feedback to hiring best technical talent in the function.
- 5+ years of software development experience in one or more front end focussed programming languages
- Ability to clearly identify business priorities, create new areas of investments, anticipate pitfalls and risks, and deep technical expertise for teams you lead.
- Passion for both your craft (building things right) and achieving real-world impact (building the right things for our business & customers).
- Entrepreneurial spirit. You are self-directed, innovative, and biased towards action in fast-paced environments. You love to build new things and thrive in ambiguity and even failure.
- Excellent communication skills. You partner effectively and can discuss complex topics with technical and non-technical audiences.
This role has an annual starting salary range of $160,000 - $200,000 + equity + benefits (see below). Actual compensation is influenced by a wide array of factors including but not limited to skills, experience, and specific work location.
We're headquartered in San Francisco, CA, with a beautiful office in the Mission District. We're proud to offer our team excellent benefits:
💸 Meaningful Start-up equity
🏥 100% health, vision & dental primary coverage
➕ 75% health, vision & dental dependent coverage
🍱 Catered lunches
🚎 $250/month Commuter benefit
👶 Parental leave
✈️ Team building events & happy hours
🌴 Flexible PTO with a minimum of 15 days off per year
🖥️ Apple equipment
💸 401k plan
Cardless employees are required to be fully vaccinated and boosted against COVID-19, and to provide proof of vaccination prior to their first day. Cardless is an equal opportunity employer, and we value a diverse and inclusive workplace. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, ethnicity, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics.