ABOUT BITWISE INDUSTRIES
Bitwise Industries creates a bridge between humans from marginalized communities and stories of systemic poverty to skills and resources necessary to access opportunities in the tech industry. By leveraging public-private partnerships, Bitwise provides paid apprenticeships to students to learn tech skills, connects them to meaningful tech opportunities, and builds vibrant buildings in underestimated cities to house their work. By upskilling disenfranchised humans, it empowers them to change their own lives—which ignites and transforms the regional economies of the cities in which Bitwise serves.
Bitwise has raised more than $100M in support of this important work; expanded its model to serve five cities (Fresno, Bakersfield, Merced, Oakland, and Toledo); and built a tech apprenticeship engine that will drive national jobs/economic recovery in 2021. To learn more about Bitwise Industries, check out www.bitwiseindustries.com.
Diversity, inclusion and equity are at the heart of everything that Bitwise does. The Bitwise community is > 50-percent LGBTQIA+, Women, Non-Binary, Gender Nonconforming, and Trans Individuals, > 50-percent Black, Brown, Native and Immigrant. Bitwise is a proud equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant because of race, creed, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin, disability, age, genetic information, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy or related condition, or any other basis protected by law.
Senior Software Developers represent the late-career tier of software developers on the BWTC team. These team members will exhibit expertise and stewardship in one or more areas of our technology stacks. Senior Software Developers will often be leaned upon by Engineering Managers and Project Managers for their expertise, client-facing skills, accurate estimation capabilities, and technical leadership.
Est. Time spent developing: 80%.
Salary range: $90k-$150k
- Advanced knowledge of two or more aspects of the BWTC engineering stack
- Able to design interfaces and reusable components for their own team
- Understands scaling, reliability, and maintenance trade-offs as they occur in practice
- Continuously maintains and improves quality across the stack
- Able to lay out high-level software architecture and infrastructure designs
- Can make recommendations for technology and business tradeoffs on client projects
- Owns the development and rollout for an entire product or large project
- Identifies risks before starting major projects
- Sets high-quality standards
- Reduces complexity
- Takes on “tech lead” roles when driving initiatives to completion
-NodeJS/Express or GraphQL
-NestJS/TypeORM (PostgresDB) or Mongoose (MongoDB)
-React Native and Android/Apple app store deployment
- Consistently helps new hires and more junior developers to "level up" and become proficient and serves as a role model for junior developers
- Offers demos, talks, and recommendations to help the team and others be more productive and improve standards and practices
- Delegates work effectively
- Integral point of contact with managers and senior members across the organization
- Preferred minimum of 5 years of experience
You can be a great candidate even if you don’t fit everything we’ve described above. You can also have important skills we haven’t thought of. If that’s you, don’t hesitate to apply and tell us about yourself! We are committed to diversity and building an equitable and inclusive environment for people of all backgrounds and experiences, and we're taking steps to meet that commitment. We especially encourage members of traditionally underrepresented communities to apply, including women, non-binary, gender nonconforming, trans individuals, people of color, LGBTQIA+ people, veterans, and people with disabilities.
Education Software Training