- Collaborate with the team to ensure all projects are on track and are executed to the highest degree of quality
- Act as a thought partner to the product manager on the team and product leadership; weighing in on departmental product roadmap, addressing complex questions, and raising areas of tech debt
- Strong impact on the development of others within engineering by creating new processes and programs to develop engineers at all levels within the team, and across teams (e.g. by creating a security training program, or improving the co-op program)
- Lead cross-team / cross-functional projects from the technical implementation standpoint
Our ideal fit:
- At least 7+ years of professional experience as a full-stack engineer
- Demonstrated expert proficiency in ReactJS (or other similar JS frontend frameworks), NodeJS and ExpressJS (or other similar Node-based API frameworks), NoSQL databases (MongoDB a plus), and cloud infrastructure (e.g. AWS)
- Designed systems used by the entire engineering department / and/or were foundational to the product
- Has had complete ownership over a team’s overall progress against deliverables and objectives
Why join us?
- We are mission-driven, and work collaboratively towards our shared vision of improving scientific communication and accelerating scientific discovery: BioRender figures have appeared in more than 16,000 publications!
- It’s a product that users love! We have a world-class NPS and a community of loyal fans. Check out our Testimonials page to see what our customers are saying about us: https://biorender.com/testimonials/
- We are in the top quartile for profitability and year-over-year revenue growth, with users in 200+ countries.
- BioRender is an equal opportunity employer, and an inclusive hiring process and work environment is a part of our DNA.
- We’re remote-first and have team members across Canada and the United States. A physical office in Toronto is available, but you have the flexibility to work from anywhere.
- We’re backed by top investors, accelerators, and some of the most successful life science entrepreneurs and philanthropists in the world including Y Combinator, Malala Fund founders, and Fifty Years VC.
- We are committed to building a warm, inclusive, and diverse environment. Check out how we make sure our employees come first.
Other Jobs from BioRender
There are more than 22,000 engineering jobs:
Subscribe to membership and unlock all jobs
39,000+ jobs from 4,300+ well-funded companies
New jobs are added every day as companies post them
Use filters like skill, location, etc to narrow results
Become a member with 1 day free trial