Do you want to join one of the fastest-growing molecular diagnostics companies to help transform prenatal and oncology diagnostics that can affect millions of patient lives?
BillionToOne, ranked at the top 5% of Y Combinator companies with $300M+ in funding from prominent VC firms, has developed a DNA molecular counter that increases cfDNA diagnostic resolution by over 1,000x. BillionToOne's first product, UNITY™, is the first and only non-invasive prenatal test that can directly screen an unborn baby and assess its risk for common and severe recessive gene disorders and chromosomal abnormalities, as well as fetal sex and fetal antigens, from a single tube of blood from the pregnant mother without paternal testing.
In 2023, BillionToOne launched two liquid biopsy products that will markedly improve oncology treatment and care. With Northstar Select™, clinicians will be able to select cancer therapies that will be most effective to each patient based on their individual genetic makeup. Northstar Response™ will enable clinicians to monitor a patient’s early response to these cancer therapies, by measuring minute changes in their ctDNA, which can reduce ineffective treatments and unwanted toxicity, lower costs, and substantially improve clinical outcomes.
We are currently looking for a high-performing Senior Software Engineer, Platform to join our dynamic software engineering team. Software engineers at BillionToOne work with highly collaborative and interdisciplinary teams of clinicians, computational biologists, and other engineers to robustly scale personalized genomic medicine to millions of patients. If you have experience performing in a full life-cycle development, love seeing your work positively affect your colleagues and patients, and thrive in a fast-paced entrepreneurial environment, this could be a great opportunity for you. In this role, you can have an impact both in large product development and other quality of life improvements for support staff. This is a remote position, but you may also work from our office in Menlo Park or Union City, CA if you’re locally based.
Projects you may work on include:
- Scale up compute-intensive work, and build infrastructure tools for scientists, bioinformaticians, and other technical teams at BillionToOne to robustly write and deploy code.
- You will work on a variety of projects that deal with clinical decision support automation, designing schemas for unstructured medical data, systems integration, infrastructure as code, observability dashboards for systems monitoring
Technologies we use include Python, Django, Postgres, Terraform, CircleCI, AWS, React, TypeScript
- Build and maintain robust, high-performance applications and systems using Django, Postgres, and other libraries.
- Comfortable working in a cloud-first environment with experience with AWS services like ECS, S3, AWSBatch, EC2 and AWS Lambda
- Strong background in Terraform to develop secure, scalable, and reproducible infrastructure solutions.
- Experience building and maintaining monitoring and observability dashboards using applications like Datadog, Mezmo, etc.
- Foster a knowledge-sharing culture within the team, contributing to the growth and development of colleagues through mentorship and collaborative learning.
- Demonstrate a creative and out-of-the-box mindset, offering innovative solutions and approaches to complex technical challenges.
- Demonstrate a strong sense of ownership and take responsibility for end-to-end project delivery. The ideal candidate will thrive in an environment where they have the autonomy to make informed decisions and take the initiative to drive projects forward.
- Confidently challenge ideas and assumptions from stakeholders when necessary, while at the same time, leveraging their expertise and insights to improve the overall solution.
- Prioritize collaborative and cross-functional development, actively seeking input from team members and valuing diverse perspectives. Put the success of the team and the project above individual agendas, fostering a positive and inclusive work environment
- Minimum of 5 years of professional software development experience, with a strong track record of delivering complex projects successfully
- Hands-on experience with Python, Django, CI/CD frameworks like CircleCI, Postgres, Docker, Terraform, Datadog, and related libraries in building scalable web applications.
- Hand-on experience working with microservices-based architecture and implementing RESTful APIs and event streams.
- Proficiency with AWS services, including deployment, scaling, and monitoring of cloud-based applications using Terraform.
- Experience developing event-driven applications using kafka, rabbitmq
- Strong DevOps mindset, focusing on security best practices, CI/CD pipelines, and infrastructure automation.
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills, with the ability to work effectively in a team-oriented environment.
- Django rest framework
- Previous startup or entrepreneurial experience
Benefits And Perks:
- Working with a team of ‘rockstars’ who bring out the best in everyone
- Open, transparent culture that includes weekly Town Hall meetings
- The ability to indirectly or directly change the lives of hundreds of thousand patients
- Multiple medical benefit options; employee premiums paid 100% of select plans, dependents covered at 80%
- Extremely generous Family Bonding Leave for new parents (16 weeks, paid at 100%)
- Retirement savings program including a 4% Company match
- Free daily on-site lunches provided from top eateries
- Latest and greatest hardware (laptop, lab equipment, facilities)
- A variety of perks on campus (state of the art gym, restaurant)
- Free on-site EV charging (compatible with all EVs, including Tesla)
At BillionToOne, we are proud to offer a combination of a (1) base pay range (actual amount offered is based on experience and salary/equity options split that the candidate chooses) (2) generous equity options offering, on top of (3) industry leading company benefits (free healthcare options, 401k match, very generous fully paid parental leave etc.). Please apply even if you don’t meet every requirement, we’d love to take a look at your profile!
For this position, we offer a total compensation package of $265,000, including a base pay range of $180,000-$200,000 per year.
BillionToOne is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Jobs from our Partners
Other Jobs from BillionToOne
There are more than 50,000 engineering jobs:
Subscribe to membership and unlock all jobs
50,000+ jobs from 4,500+ well-funded companies
New jobs are added every day as companies post them
Use filters like skill, location, etc to narrow results
Become a member
🎉 12 people have signed up in the past 7 days.
Overall, over 80% of customers chose to renew their subscriptions after the initial sign-up.
Cancel anytime / Money-back guarantee