Beyond Limits is a pioneering Artificial Intelligence engineering company creating advanced software solutions that go beyond conventional AI. Founded in 2014 with a legacy in space exploration, Beyond Limits is transforming proven technologies from Caltech and NASA’s Jet Propulsion Laboratory into advanced AI solutions, hardened to industrial strength, and put to work for forward-looking companies on earth. We leverage this unparalleled innovation portfolio, along with proprietary cognitive technologies, to help companies solve tough, complex, mission-critical problems and transform their business. We apply a unique hybrid approach to AI, combining numeric AI techniques like machine learning with higher-order symbolic AI and expert human knowledge to deliver intuitive cognitive reasoning and information. Our cognitive computing technology mimics human thought processes and provides explainable reasoning to aid human-like decision-making.
Beyond Limits is seeking a creative and passionate Software Engineer to join our implementation team. This position entails working within cross-functional teams alongside Data Scientists to build out software systems interfacing with cutting-edge AI (Artificial Intelligence) technologies. This role has exposure to many different technologies and business verticals creating huge room for learning and professional growth.
- Contribute actively to architecture & design decisions, and implementation discussions
- Design & implement robust, scalable, high performance and low latency microservices
- Implement scalable microservices for deployment using container technologies
- Evaluate and improve existing algorithms for production deployment
- Debug, troubleshoot, and improve live cloud-based applications
- Automate build, deployment, monitoring and upgrades
- Perform code reviews and document design/implementation approaches
- Work closely with the team that follows the Agile software development lifecycle process
- Write clean, efficient and testable code.
- 2 - 4 years of software design and development experience, strong fundamentals in computer science with experience in data structures, algorithms, and software design
- BS or MS in Computer Science or a related degree
- Strong Knowledge of at least one of the following programming languages: Java, Python, Scala
- Has the willingness and ability to learn new programming languages, tools and methodologies
- Has the ability to work independently in a project, with strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Experience or familiarity with developing RESTful web APIs
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Knowledge of Java Spring framework
- Knowledge of Cloud Technologies and Distributed Systems. Experience with AWS/Azure, Docker and container technologies is a solid plus.
- Familiarity with relational databases such as PostgreSQL, MySQL
- Familiarity with NoSQL databases like MongoDB, Cassandra, CouchDB, and/or Elasticsearch
- Understanding of caching, queueing and big data technologies such as Redis, RabbitMQ & Kafka
- Familiarity with configuring and using CI/CD pipelines
Beyond Limits provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Beyond Limits complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
Beyond Limits expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Beyond Limit’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up-to and including discharge.
Other Jobs from Beyond Limits
See 15,000+ More Jobs Like These
Subscribe to weekly membership and unlock all jobs
15,000+ jobs from 2,600+ well-funded companies
New jobs are added every day as companies post them
Use filters like skill, location, etc to narrow results