At Beta Technologies, we apply our intellectual curiosity, passion for aviation, and commitment to sustainability toward a shared mission of revolutionizing electric aviation. Regardless of the position one holds, each team member brings their talent and desire to positively impact the environment and lives of others in a refreshing, vibrant, and inclusive culture.
The Embedded Software Engineer for Airborne Software will apply their knowledge of RTCA DO-178C, best practices for real-time safety-critical embedded software development, and embedded C skill set to specify, architect, design, implement and integrate the embedded software for BETA’s airborne systems. The ideal candidate will have a broad knowledge of embedded software development, from bare-metal board bring-up and understanding of microcontroller timing and execution characteristics to high-level software specification and design methods and techniques. The embedded software engineer is responsible for developing robust and reliable software to achieve the highest level of safety-criticality in the industry.
How you will contribute to revolutionizing electric aviation:
- Analyze system requirements allocated to software for correctness, feasibility, and appropriateness from an embedded software perspective
- Develop software high-level requirements to specify the functionality and characteristics of airborne software
- Architect and design the embedded software, considering hardware constraints, design constraints, and available resources to satisfy the software high-level requirements, and specify software low-level requirements
- Develop embedded software in the C and Assembly programming languages for ARM microcontroller targets
- Integrate the software with other software and the target hardware
- Assess, measure, troubleshoot, and resolve issues with software execution and characteristics such as timing and performance
- Perform peer reviews of other team member's contributions to the software development project
- Inform the software verification team of the appropriate testing and analysis of the embedded software
Minimum Qualifications we are seeking:
- BS in Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, or a related degree from an accredited university
- Minimum 3 years experience in real-time embedded software development
- Requirements for engineering and software architecture/design experience
- Proficiency with the C programming language
- Knowledge of Texas Instruments Hercules and/or STM ARM microcontrollers, or equivalent
- Comfortable reading electrical schematics, technical documentation, reference manuals, and datasheets
- Experience with electronics lab equipment such as programmable power supplies, signal generators, oscilloscopes, and bus analyzers
- Knowledge and awareness of the activities and outputs required for DO-178C compliance
- Good team communication and collaboration skills
- Ability to work independently and as a member of an integrated team
- Candidates are encouraged to apply even if they don’t meet all minimum qualifications
Above and Beyond Qualifications that will distinguish you:
- Experience with the Texas Instruments TMS570 ARM microcontroller
- Experience with the Lauterbach TRACE32 debug/instruction trace system
- Experience with GNU GCC ARM embedded toolchain and Texas Instruments Code Composer Studio
- Experience with the Polarion ALM life cycle data management system
- Experience with embedded software for electric motor control, battery management systems, and/or flight control systems
- Knowledge of and experience with communications interfaces and devices such as SPI, I2C, CAN, ARINC 429, Analog-to-Digital Converters, Direct Memory Access controllers, and temperature, voltage, and current sensors
- Familiarity with RTCA DO-330 tool qualification objectives, activities, and outputs
- Familiarity with RTCA DO-331 model-based development objectives, activities, and outputs
Please be aware that you may be invited to complete a Video Screening interview. This invite will be sent by email (firstname.lastname@example.org). We highly recommend completing this step of the application process within the following 48 hours should you be invited.
Note: Be sure to check your Junk folder
BETA Technologies provides equal employment opportunity to all individuals regardless of their race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, place of birth, citizenship, disability, veteran or military status, health coverage status, HIV status, genetic information, crime victim status, pregnancy or a pregnancy-related condition or any other characteristic protected by state, federal, or local law. The company does not discriminate, and will not discriminate, and will not tolerate discrimination, based on any of these characteristics during the application process or in employment.
All offers of employment at BETA Technologies are contingent upon favorable results of a thorough background check.
BETA Technologies is an E-Verify employer.
Aerospace Air Transportation CleanTech Manufacturing
Other Jobs from Beta Technologies
Remote London, UK
Costa Mesa, CA