WHO WE ARE
Balbix is the world's leading platform for cybersecurity posture automation company. The Balbix Security Cloud uses AI and automation to reinvent how the World's leading organizations reduce their cyber risk. With Balbix, security teams can accurately inventory their cloud and on-prem assests, conduct vulnerability management and quantify their cyber risk in monetary terms.
Balbix counts many global 1000 companies among its rapidly growing customer base. We are backed by John Chambers (the former CEO and Chairman of Cisco), top Silicon Valley VCs and global investors. We have been called magical, and have received raving reviews as well as customer testimonials, numerous industry awards, and recognition by Gartner as a Cool Vendor, and by Frost & Sullivan.
ABOUT THIS ROLE
As a Senior Software Engineer on the sensors team, you will be expected to take ownership of and build highly reliable and massively enterprise deployable sensors for various operating systems and network environments. You will need to demonstrate strong leadership and communication skills to successfully execute on the engineering priorities in an agile, high-velocity development environment. We are attracted to people who are curious, quick-learners, self-driven and take immense pride in their work.
Balbix’s sensors include a network appliance and software sensors deployed at scale in our customers' networks. Among the sensors responsibilities include: monitoring network traffic, scanning networks for asset information, inspecting software stacks, and scanning for vulnerabilities while minimizing system resources.
- Work closely with product management and company leadership to understand customer requirements and translate into scalable, supportable, and deployable sensor architecture
- Contribute to the technical and architectural direction of the sensors team to ensure consistent architecture that maximizes feature velocity, reliability, supportability, and deployability
- Architect, design, and test APIs between the sensors and the Balbix Brain.
- Work closely with the Data Engineering team to ensure consistent and scalable data consumption across millions of sensors
- Streamline the software lifecycle to ensure continuous deployment and delivery into production
- Able to take on very complex problems, learn quickly, iterate, and persevere towards a robust solution
- Product-focused and passionate about building truly usable systems
- Collaborative and comfortable working across teams including engineering, front end, product management, and DevOps
- Responsible and like to take ownership of challenging problems
- A good communicator, and facilitate teamwork via good documentation practices
- Comfortable with ambiguity and thrive in designing algorithms for evolving needs
- Intuitive in using the right type of models to address different product needs
- Curious about the world and your profession and a constant learner
- Extensive experience in developing system or kernel-level applications on Windows
- Developed multi-threaded highly performant applications
- Expert coding skills in C/C++
- Knowledge of networking and security protocols is desirable
- Working knowledge of Python, Windows a big plus
- Security best practices and design principles
- Practical experience in Agile development methodologies such as Scrum
Life @ Balbix
At Balbix, we have built a culture that aligns to our values of ownership, customer focus, curiosity, tenacity, innovation, judgement, teamwork, communication, honesty and impact. In joining our team you’ll work with very motivated and knowledgeable people, build pioneering products and utilize cutting-edge technology. Our Balbix team members see rapid career growth opportunities stemming from our culture of alignment, bottom up innovation, our clarity of goals and unrelenting mission. Last but not least, developing the world's most advanced platform to address what the most important (and hardest) technology problem facing mankind today is exceptionally rewarding!
Benefits & Perks
Balbix offers comprehensive medical, dental, vision, life insurance and long-term disability coverage for you and your family. Our Flex Time Off policy encourages you to take time off when you need it because we know and value how hard you work. When it comes to our offices it’s location, location, location we’re right next door to Santana Row so you can enjoy your time in (and out) of the office!
More information at https://www.balbix.com/company/careers/
Please reach out if you want a seat on our rocket-ship and are passionate about changing the cybersecurity equation.
At Balbix we’re proud to be an equal opportunity workplace dedicated to equality, fairness and human kindness.
Artificial Intelligence Cloud Security Cyber Security Network Security
Other Jobs from Balbix