WHO WE ARE
Balbix is the world's leading platform for cybersecurity posture automation company. The Balbix Security Cloud uses AI and automation to reinvent how the World's leading organizations reduce their cyber risk. With Balbix, security teams can accurately inventory their cloud and on-prem assests, conduct vulnerability management and quantify their cyber risk in monetary terms.
Balbix counts many global 1000 companies among its rapidly growing customer base. We are backed by John Chambers (the former CEO and Chairman of Cisco), top Silicon Valley VCs and global investors. We have been called magical, and have received raving reviews as well as customer testimonials, numerous industry awards, and recognition by Gartner as a Cool Vendor, and by Frost & Sullivan.
ABOUT THIS ROLE
As a senior data engineer you will work on complex data pipelines dealing with petabytes of data. Balbix platform is used as one of the critical security tools by the CIOs, CISOs, and the sec-ops teams of small, medium and large sized enterprises including Fortune 10 companies around the world. You will solve problems related to massive cybersecurity and IT data sets. You will collaborate closely with our data scientists, threat researchers and network experts to solve real-world problems plaguing cybersecurity. This role requires excellent algorithm, programming and testing skills as well as experience in large-scale data engineering projects.
- Design and implement the features and own the modules for ingesting, storing and manipulating large data sets for a variety of cybersecurity use-cases
- Write code to provide backend support for data-driven UI widgets, web dashboards, workflows, search and API connectors
- Design and implement web services, rest APIs, and microservices
- Build production quality solutions that balance complexity and meet acceptance criteria of functional requirements
- Work with multiple-interfacing teams, including ML, UI, backend and data engineering
- Driven to experience and learn more about design, architecture, and take on progressive roles
- Collaborative and comfortable working with across teams including data engineering, front end, product management, and DevOps
- Responsible and like to take ownership of challenging problems
- An effective communicator, including good documentation practices and articulating thought processes in a team setting
- Comfortable with working in an agile environment
- Curious about technology and the industry, and a constant learner
- MS/BS +3 years in Computer Science or a related field
- Expert programming experience with Python, Java, or Scala
- Good working knowledge of SQL databases such as Postgres and NoSQL databases such as MongoDB, Cassandra, Redis
- Experience with search engine database such as ElasticSearch is preferred
- Time-series databases such as InfluxDB, Druid, Prometheus
- Strong computer science fundamentals: data structures, algorithms, and distributed systems
Life @ Balbix
At Balbix, we have built a culture that aligns to our values of ownership, customer focus, curiosity, tenacity, innovation, judgement, teamwork, communication, honesty and impact. In joining our team you’ll work with very motivated and knowledgeable people, build pioneering products and utilize cutting-edge technology. Our Balbix team members see rapid career growth opportunities stemming from our culture of alignment, bottom up innovation, our clarity of goals and unrelenting mission. Last but not least, developing the world's most advanced platform to address what the most important (and hardest) technology problem facing mankind today is exceptionally rewarding!
Benefits & Perks
Balbix offers comprehensive medical, dental, vision, life insurance and long-term disability coverage for you and your family. Our Flex Time Off policy encourages you to take time off when you need it because we know and value how hard you work. When it comes to our offices it’s location, location, location we’re right next door to Santana Row so you can enjoy your time in (and out) of the office!
More information at https://www.balbix.com/company/careers/
Please reach out if you want a seat on our rocket-ship and are passionate about changing the cybersecurity equation.
At Balbix we’re proud to be an equal opportunity workplace dedicated to equality, fairness and human kindness.
Artificial Intelligence Cloud Security Cyber Security Network Security