One of the largest trends that has happened in the last few decades is how people work. Although in software world remote work has been done for several years, never has the tooling been built from ground up for software engineers. We are building the engineering productivity supertools for the new world.
We as strongly believe that we can provide developers with super powers to build faster and better by solving the challenges that they face everyday.
We are an early stage YC-backed startup building developer tools for high growth companies. We are a team of ex-Googlers with background building engineering teams at several fast-growing silicon valley startups.
Our customers include high growth companies such as Slack, Square, Benchling, Figma.
About the role
We are looking for early engineers to join our nimble team to build the initial product alongside the founders. This person will be an extension to us, the founders, and have the same voice on the table. We think of early engineers as having the ethos of being a founder themselves.
An ideal candidate has a unique mix of software expertise, domain knowledge, and execution driven mindset.
What you will do
- Work closely with the users to understand their development needs and use cases to guide our roadmap. Ensure customer needs are supported by broader engineering team through effective prioritization.
- Build prototypes all the way to final products. Solve complex issues for our users.
- Collaborate with our founders to gather requirements through detailed technical discussions and brainstorming sessions.
- Explore new product development areas driven by strategic understanding of users landscape.
- Take ownership and drive initiatives for segments within the product.
We’re looking for someone who has:
- Shipped full-stack products before - whether it was in your day job or projects outside of work.
- Experience working in low-structure environment, comfortable working with unknowns.
- Passion for building engineering tools, excited about solving problems for engineers.
- Strong communication skills.
- Previous experience building internal engineering tools a plus.
- 2+ years of professional experience
Why you should join us
- Have an impact from day 1. You will be working very closely with the founders everyday.
- Solve your own problems, as a software engineer, you get to solve problems that you face everyday
- Own the product - drive the product vision, participate in building the early team and work closely with the users.
- Unlimited vacation policy
- Transparency - we overshare all investor and company updates with everyone
We are specifically looking for engineers who can see inefficiencies in today’s developer workflows and want to improve developer experience for everyone. These engineers are self-motivated and opinionated about developer experience. We believe in the ethos of "Strong opinions loosely held".
Our interview process is designed to find these kinds of engineers. Moreover, we try to ask questions that are relevant to the types of products we build. Below is what to expect in our interview process.
Intro call with founder
Get to know the product, vision and see if this will be a good fit
We love to do all technical interviews in a similar fashion. Depending on your timeline and our teams availability, these may be scheduled back to back or spaced out. You should expect a total of 3-4 technical interviews with a mix of programming + system design questions. Each interview is 1 hour long, with 45mins for technical question and 15 mins for Q&A.
All interviews involve you doing a screenshare of your IDE. We would recommend using your preferred IDE and your preferred programming language. You may also use Google search if you want to look for a specific reference. The goal here is to see how would you solve such problems in a typical workday.
We strongly weigh on references and would ask for 2 references during or after the interviews. Please provide references of the folks you have directly worked with before - your former teammates, manager, etc.
We typically work with your timeline, we have even extended offers to the right candidates in a couple of days.
We build engineering productivity supertools that automate necessary-but-mundane developer workflows for customers like Bosch, Slack, Square, Figma, Benchling. With Aviator's productivity-oriented tools, engineers save up to 10 hours a week on their code-submission processes, testing processes and many other tasks.
We’re a well funded company, with significant enterprise revenue and notable Silicon Valley investors like Elad Gil, Lenny Rachitsky and others.
The two founders are both ex-Googlers with backgrounds building engineering teams at several fast-growing silicon valley startups.
There are more than 22,000 engineering jobs:
Subscribe to membership and unlock all jobs
39,000+ jobs from 4,300+ well-funded companies
New jobs are added every day as companies post them
Use filters like skill, location, etc to narrow results
Become a member