Astera Labs is a global leader in purpose-built connectivity solutions that unlock the full potential of cloud and AI infrastructure. Our Intelligent Connectivity Platform integrates PCIe, CXL and Ethernet semiconductor-based solutions based on a software-defined architecture that is both scalable and customizable. Inspired by trusted partnerships with hyperscalers and the data center ecosystem, we are an innovation leader of products that are flexible, interoperable, and reliable. We are headquartered in the heart of California’s Silicon Valley, with R&D centers and offices in Taiwan, China, Vancouver and Toronto, Canada, and Haifa, Israel.
As an Astera Labs Product Application Engineer, you will be part of a team that designs-in and supports Astera Labs’ portfolio of connectivity products in the world’s leading cloud service providers, server and network OEMs. In this role, you will need to provide technical guidance to customers to overcome design challenges, generate collateral for existing and new products, and drive innovation by providing insightful feedback to other internal teams to continuously improve products and processes. There are opportunities to support key customers directly, and also to dive deep in the lab to address the challenges associated with leading edge semiconductor products.
- Strong academic and technical background in electrical engineering. At minimum, a Bachelor’s in EE is required, Master’s is preferred.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience working with Cloud service providers, server, or network OEM customers to design in complex SoC/silicon products for Server, Storage, and/or Networking applications.
- Entrepreneurial, open-mind behavior and can-do attitude. Think and act with the customer in mind!
- Silicon/System bring-up and debug experience in customer systems.
- Experience with embedded FW development and in-system debug
- Strong knowledge of NRZ/PAM4 SerDes-based protocols like PCIe, Ethernet (25G and above), etc. and/or memory interfaces such as (LP)DDR5/4/3.
- Firsthand experience with lab equipment including traffic generators, analyzers, and high-speed oscilloscopes.
- Firmware development with C-language, scripting with Python or other equivalent programming languages.
- Understanding of Data Center systems like Servers, JBOGs/JBODs, Networking switches/routers/interconnects etc.
- Technical writing skills to generate clear, precise documentation including datasheets, application notes, and similar guides for internal and customer-facing audiences.
- Development/support for PCIe or Ethernet Switch products.
- A strong background in high-speed board design techniques
- Working with silicon characterization/validation teams to ensure device performance is readily achievable in customer systems.
- Knowledge of simulation/modeling, schematic capture, and PCB layout tools from Cadence, Altium and others.
- Knowledge of simulation tools such as Keysight ADS, SiSoft QCD, etc. for IBIS-AMI analysis.
We know that creativity and innovation happen more often when teams include diverse ideas, backgrounds, and experiences, and we actively encourage everyone with relevant experience to apply, including people of color, LGBTQ+ and non-binary people, veterans, parents, and individuals with disabilities.
Other Jobs from Astera Labs
There are more than 22,000 engineering jobs:
Subscribe to membership and unlock all jobs
39,000+ jobs from 4,300+ well-funded companies
New jobs are added every day as companies post them
Use filters like skill, location, etc to narrow results
Become a member