Astera Labs is a global leader delivering semiconductor-based connectivity solutions purpose-built to unleash the full potential of intelligent data infrastructure at cloud-scale. Our class-defining first-to-market products based on PCIe, CXL, and Ethernet technologies deliver critical connectivity for high-value artificial intelligence and machine learning applications. Our focus on customer-driven product definition and commitment to design solutions in the cloud, for the cloud, results in breakthrough execution and scale for our customers. We are headquartered in the heart of California’s Silicon Valley, with R&D centers and offices in Taiwan, China, Vancouver and Toronto, Canada, and Haifa, Israel.
The mission of this role is to architect and develop firmware and microcontroller subsystems for Astera Labs’ SoC and systems products. Firmware is responsible for implementing the major differentiating features of Astera Labs’ products. As such, firmware is considered equally important to the hardware, and the firmware team is often customer-facing accordingly to ensure the needs of the customer are fully comprehended.
- Strong academic and technical background in electrical engineering. At a minimum, a Bachelor’s in EE or Computer Science is required, andp a Master’s is preferred.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience supporting or developing complex SoC/silicon products for Server, Storage, and/or Networking applications.
- Experience developing firmware to execute in on-chip microcontrollers as well as C-language software development kits (SDKs) to execute on system management controllers (e.g. BMC).
- Experience working with logic designers to architect and verify HW-SW interfaces on complex SoCs.
- Professional attitude with the ability to prioritize a dynamic list of multiple tasks, to plan and prepare for customer meetings in advance, and to work with minimal guidance and supervision.
- Entrepreneurial, open-mind behavior and can-do attitude. Think and act fast with the customer in mind!
- Authorized to work in Canada and start immediately.
- High level of proficiency in C (preferred) or C++, including development of C-based SDKs
- High level of proficiency in Python for automating pre-processors/post-processors and FW QC
- Working knowledge of software/firmware build environments, gcc/Make, Doxygen, and GitHub.
- Hands-on experience with Server, Storage, and/or Networking equipment (e.g. Network Switches).
- Familiarity with SoC interfaces to common IP blocks such as PCIe Controllers, DDR Controllers, NVME Controllers, AMBA/AHB interfaces, on-chip memory interfaces, and other similar interfaces
- Direct experience working on products with high-speed interfaces common in Data Center equipment: PCI- Express (Gen-3 and above), 100/400G Ethernet, Infiniband, DDR, NVMe, USB, etc.
- Experience developing firmware to execute in on-chip microcontrollers as well as C-language SDKs to execute on system management controllers (e.g. BMC)
- Experience developing embedded firmware for PCIe or Ethernet Switch products
- Experience with industry forums and collaboration workgroups such as OCP and OpenBMC
We know that creativity and innovation happen more often when teams include diverse ideas, backgrounds, and experiences, and we actively encourage everyone with relevant experience to apply, including people of color, LGBTQ+ and non-binary people, veterans, parents, and individuals with disabilities.
Other Jobs from Astera Labs
See 15,000+ More Jobs Like These
Subscribe to weekly membership and unlock all jobs
15,000+ jobs from 2,600+ well-funded companies
New jobs are added every day as companies post them
Use filters like skill, location, etc to narrow results