We’re looking for people who care deeply about customers and are passionate about building products that improve the way millions of teams work together.
As a member of the team developing the software of a product-led company, you won’t just code — you will be an integral part of the entire product development process, from conception to post-launch reflection. Asana is helping teams become significantly more productive with our leading work management platform. You will be manifesting continuous improvements in their experience and helping us achieve our mission to enable all teams to work together effortlessly.
The Product team builds features end-to-end. From designing our data models to implementing the subtle interaction behaviors that differentiate good software from great software. We work closely with UI designers and are supported by our infrastructure team. We aim to delight users with both large new features and smaller, daily product enhancements—thanks to our continuous deployment architecture. We want to create a superlative user experience, down to the smallest details.
This role is based in our Vancouver office with an office-centric hybrid schedule. Along with most Asanas, you’ll work from this office in person on Mondays, Tuesdays, and Thursdays. Most Asanas have the option to work from home on Wednesdays and Fridays. If you're interviewing for this role, your Talent Acquisition Partner will share more about the in-office requirements.
What you’ll achieve
- You may work on architecting product tours with React or on transcending UI design tradeoffs; often you’ll work on both on the same day
- Participate in every step of the product development process with an open and curious team
- Develop clean, beautiful code and leave it better than you found it
- Experience growth and development by being paired with a mentor who will support and guide you through opportunities to stretch and learn
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent field
- 5+ years of experience working within large, well-maintained codebases
- Excellent communication skills for collaborating with other teams
- Sound judgment when balancing moving quickly with producing quality code and long-term code maintainability
- Passionate about creating a superlative user experience and attentive to details
- Appreciate productivity and care deeply about helping teams collaborate more effectively and efficiently, including your own
- Excited to be a part of an inclusive culture where everyone brings the aspects of themselves to the workplace that they need to thrive
What we’ll offer
Our comprehensive compensation package plays a big part in how we recognize you for the impact you have on our path to achieving our mission. We believe that compensation should be reflective of the value you create relative to the market value of your role. To ensure pay is fair and not impacted by biases, we're committed to looking at market value which is why we check ourselves and conduct a yearly pay equity audit.
For this role, the estimated base salary range is between $146,000 - $224,000 CAD. The actual base salary will vary based on various factors, including market and individual qualifications objectively assessed during the interview process. The listed range above is a guideline, and the base salary range for this role may be modified.
In addition to base salary, your compensation package may include additional components such as equity, sales incentive pay (for most sales roles), and benefits. If you're interviewing for this role, speak with your Talent Acquisition Partner to learn more about the total compensation and benefits for this role.
We strive to provide equitable and competitive benefits packages that support our employees worldwide and include:
- Mental health, wellness & fitness benefits
- Career coaching & support
- Inclusive family building benefits
- Long-term savings or retirement plans
- In-office culinary options to cater to your dietary preferences
These are just some of the benefits we offer, and benefits may vary based on role, country, and local regulations. If you're interviewing for this role, speak with your Talent Acquisition Partner to learn more about the total compensation and benefits for this role.
Asana helps teams orchestrate their work, from small projects to strategic initiatives. Millions of teams around the world rely on Asana to achieve their most important goals, faster. Asana has been named a Top 10 Best Workplace for 5 years in a row, is Fortune's #1 Best Workplace in the Bay Area, and one of Glassdoor’s and Inc.’s Best Places to Work. After spending more than a year physically distanced, Team Asana is safely and mindfully returning to in-person collaboration, incorporating flexibility that adds hybrid elements to our office-centric culture. With 11+ offices all over the world, we are always looking for individuals who care about building technology that drives positive change in the world and a culture where everyone feels that they belong.
We believe in supporting people to do their best work and thrive, and building a diverse, equitable, and inclusive company is core to our mission. Our goal is to ensure that Asana upholds an inclusive environment where all people feel that they are equally respected and valued, whether they are applying for an open position or working at the company. We provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by law. We also comply with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance and similar laws in other locations.
Other Jobs from Asana
There are more than 22,000 engineering jobs:
Subscribe to membership and unlock all jobs
39,000+ jobs from 4,300+ well-funded companies
New jobs are added every day as companies post them
Use filters like skill, location, etc to narrow results
Become a member