About Applied Intuition
Applied Intuition is a vehicle software supplier that accelerates the adoption of safe and intelligent machines worldwide. Founded in 2017, Applied Intuition provides a simulation and validation platform for various industries such as automotive, trucking, construction, and more. 18 of the top 20 global automakers rely on Applied Intuition’s solutions to shorten development cycles, deliver high-quality systems, and accelerate the production of modern vehicles with confidence. Applied Intuition is headquartered in Mountain View, CA, with offices in Ann Arbor, MI, Washington, DC, Munich, Stockholm, Seoul, and Tokyo. Learn more at https://applied.co.
Please note that we are an in-office company, which means the expectation is that you would come in to your Applied Intuition office 5 days a week.
About the role
We are looking for both infrastructure engineers with expertise in machine learning pipelines and ML engineers that want to work beyond modeling to join the Data & ML infra group. This role will work across the entire ML lifecycle (dataset generation, training frameworks, compute, evaluation, and deployment) and work directly with modeling teams. This team is a good fit if you are excited to work on broad, ambiguous problems and develop across the entire ML stack. At Applied Intuition, we encourage all engineers to take ownership over technical and product decisions, closely interact with external and internal users to collect feedback, and contribute to a thoughtful, dynamic team culture.
At Applied Intuition, you will:
- Design and implement distributed cloud GPU training approaches for deep learning model training and evaluation.
- Build end-to-end machine learning pipelines and integrate them into core product workflows.
- Encourage change, especially in support of ML engineering best practices, and maintain a high standard of excellence.
- Collaborate with engineers across the entire company to solve complex data problems at scale.
We're looking for someone who has:
- Experience with building software components to address production, full-stack machine learning challenges. This is not purely a research problem.
- Opinions about building a company-wide platform for ML training, evaluation, and deployment.
- Knowledge of the open source landscape with judgment on when to choose open source versus build in-house.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
Nice to have:
- Experience working with cloud data processing technologies (Apache Spark, ElasticSearch, Presto, SQL, etc.)
- Experience with developing, running, and managing orchestration systems like Airflow and Flyte that non engineers can use to build data pipelines.
- Experience with ML modeling frameworks (PyTorch, Tensorflow, etc.), and model serving platforms (TorchServe, TensorFlow Serving, NVIDIA Triton inference server, etc.)
The salary range for this position is $65,000 USD to $400,000 USD annually. This salary range is an estimate, and the actual salary may vary based on the Company's compensation practices.
Don’t meet every single requirement? If you’re excited about this role but your past experience doesn’t align perfectly with every qualification in the job description, we encourage you to apply anyway. You may be just the right candidate for this or other roles.
Applicants will be required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 upon commencing employment. Reasonable accommodations will be considered on a case-by-case basis for exemptions to this requirement in accordance with applicable federal and state law. Applicants should be aware that for external-facing roles that involve close contact with Company employees or other third parties on the Company's premises, accommodations that involve remaining unvaccinated against COVID-19 may not be deemed reasonable. The Company will engage in the interactive process on an individualized basis taking into account the particular position.
Applied Intuition is an equal opportunity employer and federal contractor or subcontractor. Consequently, the parties agree that, as applicable, they will abide by the requirements of 41 CFR 60-1.4(a), 41 CFR 60-300.5(a) and 41 CFR 60-741.5(a) and that these laws are incorporated herein by reference. These regulations prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or national origin. These regulations require that covered prime contractors and subcontractors take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status or disability. The parties also agree that, as applicable, they will abide by the requirements of Executive Order 13496 (29 CFR Part 471, Appendix A to Subpart A), relating to the notice of employee rights under federal labor laws.
Jobs from our Partners
Other Jobs from Applied Intuition
There are more than 50,000 engineering jobs:
Subscribe to membership and unlock all jobs
50,000+ jobs from 4,500+ well-funded companies
New jobs are added every day as companies post them
Use filters like skill, location, etc to narrow results
Become a member
🎉 12 people have signed up in the past 7 days.
Overall, over 80% of customers chose to renew their subscriptions after the initial sign-up.
Cancel anytime / Money-back guarantee