We're building tools used by hundreds of thousands of app makers, marketers, and analysts every day, and we're looking for an experienced infrastructure engineer to help us scale and maintain the platform so our members can make more informed decisions using data.
What you'll do here
As an infrastructure engineer, you'll be managing, monitoring, and scaling our core services, servers, and networks as the platform grows. We run a hybrid environment, split between physical servers and Google Cloud.
We expect that the role will be 30% system administration and automation, 50% engineering and optimization, and 20% on-call / incident response. We're a small team and are looking for a candidate who's willing to take ownership of projects. Accordingly, you'll be able to see the impact of their work quickly and help set the tone for the team as it grows.
- Scaling our physical and cloud infrastructure as the platform grows.
- Improving our monitoring and reporting system.
- Helping speed up our software delivery cycle.
- Automating everything and making our processes more maintainable and legible.
- Contributing to high-level design decisions about the Appfigures platform.
- Working closely with the development and data science teams.
- Participating in a monthly on-call rotation (one week per month with time-off-in-lieu).
What we're looking for:
- You should have 3+ years of professional software, infrastructure engineering, or DevOps experience. We are looking for people who are confident taking a project from being an idea to being deployed, documented, and monitored.
- You are comfortable thinking about low-level performance details. We need to be able to optimize when it matters, though we aim to solve problems in the simplest and most intuitive way.
- You take a disciplined approach to development, testing, observability, and quality assurance. Our platform is used by our members small and large to make critical business decisions. We need to get it right. Every time.
- You want to help other teammates grow and learn. We all have something we can teach, and we all have something we can learn.
- You like solving problems and puzzles. Getting to that Aha! moment should feel good, and communicating the answer should come easily to you.
- A degree in Computer Science, a related field, or equivalent professional experience
- Mastery solving problems in C#, Python, or Go. We mainly use these languages, but we trust that you can learn any of them if you have in-depth knowledge of another language
- Prior experience or a desire to learn: Kubernetes, Ansible, Nomad/Consul/Vault, or Google Cloud Platform
- Experience with or curiosity about physical hardware and datacenter networking
One of the reasons we started Appfigures was to create a place where we would love to work. That's why we sweat the small details to bring every team member the best, most thought-out, benefits around:
- Excellent medical, dental, and vision plans
- Plenty of paid time off
- Excellent gear
- Pre-tax benefits, subsidized gym memberships, and more
- A dynamic work environment with a flexible work schedule
- Company sponsored outings
What you should know about us
Appfigures is the analytics and intelligence platform for app developers. We’re bootstrapped and customer-focused, and have built the best toolset to help app developers and marketers analyze and grow their mobile apps. We’re looking for someone who is excited about the above, for someone who wants to not only code, but to mentor and guide teammates and establish the practices that let us all succeed. We work with companies like Airbnb, Epic Games, Microsoft, Slack, and Trello, but also indie developers and hobbyists.
- We take pride in our friendly and stress-free work atmosphere
- We are self-funded and profitable, which lets us build the products we wish existed
- Every member of our team has a voice in shaping the future of the company as a whole
There are more than 22,000 engineering jobs:
Subscribe to membership and unlock all jobs
39,000+ jobs from 4,300+ well-funded companies
New jobs are added every day as companies post them
Use filters like skill, location, etc to narrow results
Become a member