What you'll do
- Write, test, deliver, document, and operate fault-tolerant infrastructure using durable and stable public APIs, primarily in idiomatic Rust, but also in other languages, like TypeScript and Kotlin.
- Communicate confidently with users — whether community or customers — across a broad range of topics to understand their needs and debug their difficulties. Bring learnings, findings, and recommendations back to teammates, as well as Product and Engineering leadership.
- Research and produce clear and maintainable designs which are considerate of our platform of concerns while aligning with your technical Product Manager's requirements and engineers across teams and delivering for users needs.
- Participate in, consult, and lead architectural discussions that define how to operate best and observe graph routing software in customers infrastructure stacks using a combination of self-initiated research and real-world experiences.
- Collaborate with other engineers across the organization using supportive communication and constructive code-reviews.
- Lead, mentor, and guide other engineers in architecting and writing code in idiomatic Rust, ensuring that end-to-end consideration of the impact of changes is well-rationalized, and that proper cross-domain concerns have been accounted for.
- You’ll become a key domain owner for the team, taking responsibility for the success of every system and product you own, ensuring the relevant telemetry is being captured.
- You will lead cross-team groups of developers and shepherd large-impact initiatives along, either as the technical leader or coaching members of the team to become technical leaders.
- You’ll mentor junior team members and help with interviewing potential teammates.
- You’ll create technical designs that proactively address cost efficiency, security, and observability.
- You’ll deliver technical plans, one-pagers, DRs, and other artifacts.
- You have deep systems expertise and experience with stateless/fault tolerant systems, as well as familiarity with eventing patterns and distributed paradigms.
- You have experience with Rust.
- You are adept at weighing technical and business trade-offs and can “see down the road and around corners”.
- You enjoy cross-team collaboration and believe in a “rising tides lifts all boats” mentality. You level up those around you, bringing everyone along for the ride.
- You have the ability to work with many different team members across various orgs and positively influence others.
- You are data-oriented with a history of leveraging data to create a sticky, high-quality product for users.
- Bonus points if you know GraphQL!
Other Jobs from Apollo
There are more than 22,000 engineering jobs:
Subscribe to membership and unlock all jobs
39,000+ jobs from 4,300+ well-funded companies
New jobs are added every day as companies post them
Use filters like skill, location, etc to narrow results
Become a member