Proven at a global web scale in production for modern data services, Alluxio is the developer of open-source data orchestration software for large-scale analytics and AI. Alluxio is in production use today at eight out of the top ten internet companies, and seven of the ten highest-valued companies in the world. Our mission is to orchestrate data for all data-driven applications in any cloud!
As customers continuously push the envelope for ways to extract value from data, Alluxio is driving innovation in data access and management for large-scale distributed systems. Alluxio is charging full steam to help customers navigate digital transformation. Venture-backed by Andreessen Horowitz, Hillhouse Capital, and Seven Seas Partners. Alluxio was founded at UC Berkeley’s AMPLab by the creators of the Tachyon open-source project.
Alluxio data orchestration platform is a new layer between storage and compute engines. This new data layer serves data to large-scale analytics and AI in any cloud across clusters, regions, clouds, and countries, providing simplified data access to files and objects. Features like intelligent caching, unified namespace, and data management provide agility and cost efficiency to customers in financial services, high-tech, retail, and telecommunications.
Alluxio has received numerous accolades, including recently being named: One of the 20 Coolest Cloud Software Companies of 2021. Alluxio is trusted by Meta, Uber, Tencent, Tiktok, Alibaba, Expedia, Rakuten, Microsoft, Walmart, and more! Please review Wikipedia to learn more about us! Join our world-class team of empathetic, enthusiastic, and creative people who can work on some of the toughest big data problems.
About the Role:
- As a Senior Software Engineer at Alluxio you will be responsible for evolving the state-of-the-art Alluxio ( also known as Tachyon Nexus earlier) project for AI model training/serving scenarios. The work would involve solving challenging problems in the area of IO optimizatiom, Memory and data structure efficiency, Thread concurrency and locking optimizations, process coordination and caching policies and implementation. The role would include developing innovative solutions for scaling systems to thousands of nodes and providing Data Durability and High Availability.
As the Staff Software Engineer -AI Infra System Development at Alluxio, What You Will Be Able To Build and Own:
- You will be responsible for evolving the state-of-the-art Alluxio (also known as Tachyon Nexus earlier) project for AI model training/serving scenarios.s
- Solving challenging problems in the area of IO optimization, memory, and data structure efficiency
- Thread concurrency and locking optimizations, process coordination, and caching policies and implementation.
- Developing innovative solutions for scaling systems to thousands of nodes and providing Data Durability and High Availability.
As the Staff Software Engineer -AI Infra System Development at Alluxio, What We are Looking For:
- BS or Masters degree in Computer Science, similar technical field of study, or equivalent practical experience.
- 6-10 + years of software development experience in one or more general-purpose programming languages, including but not limited to: Java, C/C++, or Go.
- Experience working with software development on Linux system
- Experience working with at least one of the following is a must: AI infrastructure Platform for Model Training /Model Inference.
- Experience with distributed and parallel systems, distributed storage systems, architecting large-scale software systems, and/or security software development.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Experience with Git, JIRA or equivalent development tools
As the Staff Software Engineer -AI Infra System Development at Alluxio, We Would Appreciate If You Have:
- Experience designing, developing, and deploying Kubernetes applications.
- Interest and ability to learn other coding languages as needed.
- Experience contributing to and/or maintaining an open-source project.
- Ability and desire to work in a fast-paced, collaborative, and iterative programming environment.
- A contributor to Alluxio.
$195,000 - $200,000 a year
Alluxio is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, retaliation, parental status, military service, or other non-merit factors.
The base salary range for this US full-time position is $195,000 to $200,000- subject to standard withholding and applicable taxes. All candidates receive equity (stock options) and access to a comprehensive benefits offering. The base salary range reflects the minimum and maximum target for candidates across all US locations. Work location, skills, experience, and any relevant education or training determine the compensation awarded to the candidate. The Recruiting Team or Hiring Manager can share more about the specific salary range with you during the recruitment process.
Analytics Artificial Intelligence Open Source Software
Other Jobs from Alluxio
Foster City, CA
Foster City, CA