Alkira is growing and our India Engineering Team is looking for a Software Engineer to work on forward and data plane. The Engineer will develop software for Alkira’s CSX (Cloud Services Exchange) packet forwarding engine. The work will involve design, development & debugging of the software responsible for the packet path as well as other relevant components.
We expect you to understand the requirements from PLM/Sales teams and work with team members to design and implement the feature. You will take ownership of their work and follow-through on defects reported.
- Requires B.S., M.S or equivalent in EE or CS plus a minimum of 5 years of hands-on experience in related fields.
- Excellent C programming and debugging skills
- Good grasp on computer science fundamentals (algorithms, data structures, operating system).
- Prior packet forwarding experience
- Good experience working with Linux Kernel and related technologies
- Knowledge of IP routing, ACLs & forwarding a plus
- Prior experience of working on UNIX-like OS is a plus.
- Team-player: The candidate should be able to work in teams of various sizes that may be geographically distributed
Location: this is a 100% remote position based in India
Alkira was founded in 2018 by Amir and Atif Khan, the visionary computer networking team that created the multi-billion-dollar SD-WAN market with the founding of Viptela. Now, we have reinvented networking for the cloud era by delivering Cloud Area Networking, the first global unified network infrastructure with on-demand hybrid and multi-cloud connectivity, integrated network and security services, end-to-end visibility, controls and governance, all delivered as-a-service.
There are more than 22,000 engineering jobs:
Subscribe to membership and unlock all jobs
39,000+ jobs from 4,300+ well-funded companies
New jobs are added every day as companies post them
Use filters like skill, location, etc to narrow results
Become a member