Akuna Capital is an innovative trading firm with a strong focus on collaboration, cutting-edge technology, data driven solutions and automation. We specialize in providing liquidity as an options market-maker – meaning we are committed to providing competitive quotes that we are willing to both buy and sell. To do this successfully we design and implement our own low latency technologies, trading strategies and mathematical models.
Our Founding Partners first conceptualized Akuna in their hometown of Sydney. They opened the firm’s first office in 2011 in the heart of the derivatives industry and the options capital of the world – Chicago. Today, Akuna is proud to operate from additional offices in Sydney, Shanghai and London.
What you’ll do as a Entry Level Software Engineer on the C++ Team at Akuna:
Software Engineers at Akuna have the opportunity to use cutting-edge technology while working on high performance/low latency systems. We offer a team-based approach to trading and software engineering, believing that productive integration of the two groups is vital for success in this industry. Akuna loves Software Engineers who are self-starters and have the ability to problem solve and think outside of the box. We value innovation and hard work, and want you to make an impact in the firm. Whether you are interested in trading infrastructure, algorithms, exchange gateways, performance engineering, hardware or data capture and analysis, there’s work to be done. If you are excited to jump in and make a difference, Akuna could be the place for you.
The C++ teams work on applications where C++ is used for computational heavy-lifting and for applications that have critical, low-latency processes such as trading strategies. C++ provides the flexibility and low-level control that our Software Engineers need to get maximum performance out of multi-core, super-scalar processors. No previous experience in finance or trading is required. Training and continuous education is provided for all Engineers to ensure they have the skills and knowledge needed to be successful.
Qualities that make great candidates:
- BS/MS/PhD in Computer Science, Engineering, Math, Physics or related field completed upon employment
- Experience programming in C++
- Experience with several of the following -- distributed systems, networking, data structures & algorithms, and operating systems
- Strong analytic and problem-solving skills
- Exposure to scripting and rudimentary data mining and regression analysis, ideally in Python with Pandas and Numpy
- Ability to communicate with the trading team, obtain requirements, find solutions and implement them in a clean and concise way
- Passion for innovation and building systems from the ground up
- Ability to adapt to an ever-changing environment
- Self-starter attitude with the ability to work independently
- Strong sense of ownership
- Must be graduating August 2024 or prior
- Major GPA of 3.0 or above
- Legal authorization to work in the U.S. is required on the first day of employment including F-1 students using OPT or STEM
Please note: If you apply to multiple roles, you may be asked to complete multiple coding challenges and interviews.
**Resumes must be submitted in PDF format.
Other Jobs from Akuna Capital
There are more than 22,000 engineering jobs:
Subscribe to membership and unlock all jobs
39,000+ jobs from 4,300+ well-funded companies
New jobs are added every day as companies post them
Use filters like skill, location, etc to narrow results
Become a member