Akuna Capital is an innovative trading firm with a strong focus on collaboration, cutting-edge technology, data driven solutions, and automation. We specialize in providing liquidity as an options market-maker – meaning we are committed to providing competitive quotes that we are willing to both buy and sell. To do this successfully, we design and implement our own low latency technologies, trading strategies, and mathematical models.
Our Founding Partners first conceptualized Akuna in their hometown of Sydney. They opened the firm’s first office in 2011 in the heart of the derivatives industry and the options capital of the world – Chicago. Today, Akuna is proud to operate from additional offices in Sydney, Shanghai and London.
What you’ll do as a Software Engineer on the Trading Strategies Team at Akuna:
Akuna is looking for Software Engineers who are excited to apply their skills to low latency trading. Working directly with Traders and Researchers, you will focus on analysis, design, implementation, testing and delivery of Akuna’s strategies to the market. Your goal is to develop software that incorporates vast amounts of data to drive sophisticated, ultra-fast strategies, capturing market opportunities before our competition. In this role, you will:
- Lead in the design, implementation, and deployment of trading strategies using modern C++ technologies
- Bring deep technical knowledge in areas such as parallel programming, trading systems, networking, and performance analysis
- Be extremely hands-on, producing both detailed technical work and high-level architectural designs
- Have leadership opportunities across both project and team management
- Build software using Agile methodologies and modern software best practices
- Work directly with Traders and Researchers to create and enhance high performance, low latency trading strategies
Qualities that make great candidates:
- 3+ years of experience developing performant, scalable applications in modern C++14 and beyond
- Experience developing trading strategies and/or a demonstrated passion for financial markets
- Experience using data to drive decision-making
- Significant experience with distributed systems, data structures, and algorithms
- Solid understanding of multi-threaded/multi-core programming paradigms
- Highly collaborative in nature, with excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Math or equivalent
Please note that level/title, as well as team placement, will be determined upon the conclusion of the interview process. If you are a current student or recent graduate, please take a look at our Entry Level and Intern positions.
There are more than 50,000 engineering jobs:
Subscribe to membership and unlock all jobs
50,000+ jobs from 4,500+ well-funded companies
New jobs are added every day as companies post them
Use filters like skill, location, etc to narrow results
Become a member
🎉 12 people have signed up in the past 7 days.
Overall, over 80% of customers chose to renew their subscriptions after the initial sign-up.
Cancel anytime / Money-back guarantee