Airwallex is a global payments fintech company transforming the way businesses move and manage money globally. We have built a global financial infrastructure platform to help businesses transact, collect and pay across 130+ countries and 50+ currencies, without the constraints of the traditional global financial system. We've grown to 13 global locations and have raised over $900 million in funding. To support our ambitious growth plans, we’re looking for smart, collaborative and passionate people who are looking to make a genuine impact.
What you'll do:
As a Software Engineer you will be responsible for working on a range of exciting initiatives across our international payments platform. Within one of our feature teams you will be delivering business outcomes, not just product features, developing a number of cloud-native, Kotlin-based microservices, and exposing those primarily via GraphQL to a React frontend. Kafka events/messaging also forms a key part of the architecture. The role will span a range of activities including designing and building new capabilities to support our product roadmap, architectural review of new and current solutions, reduction of tech debt and enhancements to improve operational effectiveness such as MTTD and MTTR.
What you'll bring:
- 5+ years experience in modern engineering practices focused on continuous integration and quality engineering
- A commitment to producing high quality and tested solutions
- Strong computer science fundamentals. While we do not mind what language you have most recently been using we are using Java or Kotlin, Spring / Spring Boot
- Designing and building GraphQL APIs
- High volume distributed systems
- Kafka event streams
- GCP or AWS (EC2, RDS, ELB, CloudFront, etc), docker and Kubernetes exposure
- Operational tooling such as New Relic, StatsD, Elk, Datadog, Prometheus
- Flexibility to coordinate with colleagues in Melbourne AU as necessary
At Airwallex you’ll have the ability to make an impact in a rapidly growing, global fintech. We organize regular team building events, encourage hybrid/flexible working, and we give our people the freedom to be creative.
Airwallex is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We value diversity and anyone seeking employment at Airwallex is considered based on merit, qualifications, competence and talent. We don’t regard color, religion, race, national origin, sexual orientation, ancestry, citizenship, sex, marital or family status, disability, gender, or any other legally protected status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know. Airwallex does not accept unsolicited resumes from search firms/recruiters.
Airwallex will not pay any fees to search firms/recruiters if a candidate is submitted by a search firm/recruiter unless an agreement has been entered into with respect to specific open position(s). Search firms/recruiters submitting resumes to Airwallex on an unsolicited basis shall be deemed to accept this condition, regardless of any other provision to the contrary.