This is a remote position.
Ad Hoc is a digital services company that helps the federal government better serve people. Our teams use modern, agile methods to meet the needs of our users while closing the gap between consumer expectations and government.
Work on things that matter
Our teams connect Veterans with services designed for their needs, help millions of people access affordable health care, and support important programs like Head Start. As we work with agencies to deliver critical services, we’re also changing how the government thinks about and uses technology.
Built for a remote life
Ad Hoc is remote-first and remote-always. We’ve designed our culture, communications, and tools to support a nationwide team. Being remote allows Ad Hoc to bring the best people onto our teams and give them the freedom to create a work environment that fits their lives. Maybe you need to adjust your schedule to care for your family or take a bike ride. At Ad Hoc, that’s welcomed.
Committed to high expectations and a welcoming culture
Ad Hoc values acceptance, accountability, and humility. We aren’t heroes. We leave our egos at the door to learn from our mistakes and improve the process for the next time.. We build small, inclusive teams to bring the best of consumer technology to the problems of government.
The Veterans Affairs business unit helps transform the VA into a modern digital services organization where Veteran outcomes are at the center of every effort. We partner with the VA to design and deliver seamless user experiences for Veterans, their families and caregivers, and VA employees. By applying better practices in service design, product management, and technology, we enable VA to increase the usage, quality, and reliability of services and decrease the time Veterans spend waiting for outcomes.
In this role, you will serve as an emerging individual contributor within a team, expanding your leadership, guidance and mentoring skills. With the support and guidance of leadership, you will be responsible for supporting the goal of meeting scope, schedule and delivery requirements. You will interact with stakeholders and utilize influential skills to drive improvements in DevOps processes and practices. Primary expectations of a DevOps Engineer III include:
- Exhibits influential skills to collaborate across teams to consolidate and simplify DevOps tools and services
- Exhibits the ability to solve problems in ways that drive towards simplicity of architecture and operations
- Capable of completing cloud infrastructure and automated deployment tasks at the direction of a senior engineer
- Builds libraries, modules, and packages for other infrastructure engineers to integrate with their projects
- Builds cloud infrastructure that supports applications and Improves the broader developer experience for engineers
- Supports CI/CD processes to help deliver software of higher quality at greater speed
- Integrates tools to satisfy non-functional requirements such as quality thresholds, security vulnerabilities, and static analysis
- Builds specific application test and deployment pipelines using automated tooling such as Jenkins, Github Actions, Circle CI, Gitlab CI
- Progressive experience working with our government partners and app teams to ensure that we are shipping software that meets security, SLA, and performance requirements
- Supports recruiting efforts by evaluating homework assignments and potentially assisting with interviews
- Bachelor's in Computer Science, Electronics Engineering, or other Engineering or Technical discipline and 5+ years of experience
- In-depth experience with containers (e.g. Docker) and orchestrations systems (e.g. Kubernetes, Mesos)
- Expertise in Git, GitHub, and GitHub Actions
- Demonstrates expert-level knowledge in at least one infrastructure-as-code tool (e.g. terraform, ansible)
- Strong understanding of CI/CD pipeline tolls and best practices
- Experience with app observability, creating dashboards, and setting up alerts with Datadog or similar APM tools
- Understanding of microservices and distributed application architecture
- Knowledge of security scanning tools like Aqua and Splunk
- Strong scripting and automation skills
To learn more about working at Ad Hoc, please visit: https://adhocteam.us/join/
- Company-subsidized Health, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- Use What You Need Vacation Policy
- 401K with employer match
- Paid parental leave after one year of service
Ad Hoc LLC is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, age, pregnancy, disability, work-related injury, covered veteran status, political ideology, marital status, or any other factor that the law protects from employment discrimination.
Ad Hoc job descriptions feature the starting range we reasonably expect to pay to candidates who would join our team with little to no need for training on the responsibilities we've outlined above. Actual compensation is influenced by a wide range of factors including but not limited to skill set, level of experience, and responsibility. The range of starting pay for this role is $101,570 - $130,000 and information on benefits offered is here. Our recruiters will be happy to answer any questions you may have, and we look forward to learning more about your salary requirements.
Job reference: 2228
Other Jobs from Ad Hoc
See 15,000+ More Jobs Like These
Subscribe to weekly membership and unlock all jobs
15,000+ jobs from 2,600+ well-funded companies
New jobs are added every day as companies post them
Use filters like skill, location, etc to narrow results