- Trade system architecture and hardware implementation options.
- Translate system schematics into fleshed out 3D models in CAD, considering manufacturing, integration, and operational constraints.
- Perform fluid system sizing analysis. Determine and develop fluid line sizes, thickness, materials, and interfaces.
- Design range of pressurized and unpressurized primary and secondary structures, and highly complex, integrated component assemblies.
- Create original CAD model and drawings to manufacture hardware.
- Perform component-level structural analysis to ensure component survivability.
- Perform combined loads analysis to determine component and interface loads.
- Generate development and production methodologies and support initial builds.
- Implement learnings from builds into assembly upgrades, incorporating production feedback into engine design.
- 4+ years of industry experience in a design or development role.
- B.S. In a relevant engineering discipline from an accredited university.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced engineering environment with limited guidance.
- Ability to quickly apply first-order principles to predict and interpret system behavior.
- Proficient with CAD software such as NX, Catia, or Creo.
- Strong knowledge of GD&T per ASME Y14.5.
- Proficient with FEA tools such as ANSYS and FEMAP.
- Hands-on end-to-end project experience building complex components and/or assemblies.
Preferred Skills and Experience
- 6+ years of industry experience in a role designing and developing complex integrated hardware assemblies.
- Ability to assess technical requirements from component owners, stage systems engineers, and other domains.
- Ability to coach best practices in system design and analysis.
- Strong understanding of compressible and incompressible flow fundamentals.
- Ability to drive multiple projects simultaneously.
- Experience developing automated workflows and processes to improve team efficiency and product throughput.
What We Look For
- Critical thinking: ABL engineers understand the “why” behind all design decisions, operational events and test outcomes.
- Ability to deal with ambiguity: ABL engineers must be comfortable defining their own pathway to an objective.
- End-to end ownership: projects are delivered fully complete and ready for flight.
- Cross-domain ownership: ABL engineers are well-informed on how their product fits into larger systems and understand how those systems work.
- Cross-team communication: ABL engineers offer transparency into their project designs and timelines, and proactively gather inputs and communicate decisions across domains.
Physical Requirements/Work Environments:
- Ability to sit or stand for extended periods of time
- Ability to life 50 pounds with reasonable accommodations
- Ability to use a computer to complete assignments
- Ability to communicate with individuals and groups in person, by phone and telepresence
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee will typically work in an office environment
Jobs from our Partners
Other Jobs from ABLSpaceSystems
There are more than 50,000 engineering jobs:
Subscribe to membership and unlock all jobs
50,000+ jobs from 4,500+ well-funded companies
New jobs are added every day as companies post them
Use filters like skill, location, etc to narrow results
Become a member
🎉 12 people have signed up in the past 7 days.
Overall, over 80% of customers chose to renew their subscriptions after the initial sign-up.
Cancel anytime / Money-back guarantee