Zoox is developing state of the art autonomous vehicle software for our purpose built vehicle. We believe that developing the end to end product will not only get us to market faster but will also result in a superior customer experience.
In this role, you will ensure that the build and release systems and softwares run smoothly, have the capacity for future growth, and enable our engineers to safely and quickly develop our safety critical autonomous vehicle software. Your skills with version control, issue tracking, and continuous integration will be invaluable and will be pushed to their limits. You will work cross functionally with other teams as a force multiplier to improve their development process from idea to implementation to testing to deployment. This is a critical role to squash inefficiencies in our development process, improve the development experience for everyone in the software organization, and ultimately bring our autonomous vehicles to market sooner.
- Configure, manage, and scale software systems and tools used in the build and release workflow
- Automate operational tasks, streamline process, and identify process and technology gaps
- Collaborate with development teams, Release Management team and SRE team to ensure timely resolution of any build and release blockers
- Design and build tools to support data analytics to gain insights and quantify internal process
- 2+ years of experience in release engineering, configuration management, or software engineering role
- Expertise with programming languages like Python, Bash, SQL
- Expertise with continuous integration systems like Bamboo, Jenkins etc
- Solid knowledge of version control systems such as Git
- Expertise working with engineering, release management, and SRE teams, which requires effective communication skills and coordination skills
- Self-driven and motivated with a strong work ethic and passion for problem solving
- Experience in managing Github Enterprise for large organizations
- Experience in operating with large monorepos
- Experience in Infrastructure as code like Terraform, Ansible, Helm etc
- Good knowledge on Kubernetes, containers, and microservices
There are three major components to compensation for this position: salary, Amazon Restricted Stock Units (RSUs), and Zoox Stock Appreciation Rights. The salary range for this position is $203,000 to $342,000. A sign-on bonus may be offered as part of the compensation package. Compensation will vary based on geographic location and level. Leveling, as well as positioning within a level, is determined by a range of factors, including, but not limited to, a candidate's relevant years of experience, domain knowledge, and interview performance. The salary range listed in this posting is representative of the range of levels Zoox is considering for this position.
Zoox also offers a comprehensive package of benefits including paid time off (e.g. sick leave, vacation, bereavement), unpaid time off, Zoox Stock Appreciation Rights, Amazon RSUs, health insurance, long-term care insurance, long-term and short-term disability insurance, and life insurance.
Employees working in this position will be required to have received a single dose of the J&J/Janssen COVID-19 vaccine OR have completed the two-dose Pfizer or Moderna vaccine series. In addition, employees will be required to receive a COVID-19 booster vaccine within two months of becoming eligible for the booster vaccine.
Employees will be required to show proof of vaccination status upon receipt of a conditional offer of employment. That offer of employment will be conditioned upon, among other things, an Applicant’s ability to show proof of vaccination status. Please note the Company provides reasonable accommodations in accordance with applicable state, federal, and local laws.
Zoox is developing the first ground-up, fully autonomous vehicle fleet and the supporting ecosystem required to bring this technology to market. Sitting at the intersection of robotics, machine learning, and design, Zoox aims to provide the next generation of mobility-as-a-service in urban environments. We’re looking for top talent that shares our passion and wants to be part of a fast-moving and highly execution-oriented team.
A Final Note:
You do not need to match every listed expectation to apply for this position. Here at Zoox, we know that diverse perspectives foster the innovation we need to be successful, and we are committed to building a team that encompasses a variety of backgrounds, experiences, and skills.
Autonomous Vehicles Machine Learning Robotics Transportation