Who We Are:
Zendar is creating a high-resolution radar imaging system that has resolution similar to lidar, allowing cars to see in inclement weather. We want to change the role of radar in the Advanced driving assist (ADAS) sensor stack and demonstrate that radars can take on many of the functions of lidar at a much lower cost and in all weather conditions. Zendar's technology fuses data streams from multiple sensors to build a more accurate scene and utilizes machine learning to predict likely environmental scenarios and provide situational awareness. All of this works in an embedded AI processor with tight latency and performance guarantees to deliver reliable sensing and perception.
Zendar was founded in the San Francisco Bay area, at the very heart of one of the most advanced regions in the development of advanced vehicles technologies. We also have offices in South Germany and Paris.
Zendar has a diverse and dynamic team of electrical, mechanical, RF, algorithms and software engineers with a deep background in sensing technology. Zendar is backed by Tier-1 VCs, has raised more than $50M in funding and has established strong partnerships with industry leaders. Our team has more than doubled in number over the last year as our technology has gained traction in the automotive and agriculture industries.
Your Role at Zendar:
As the first Senior Systems Test Engineer at Zendar, you will play a crucial role in ensuring the reliability and performance of our radar processing systems, contributing to the development of state-of-the-art automotive technologies. Your responsibilities will include:
- Collaborate closely with cross-functional teams including software developers, electrical engineers, researchers, and product managers to define precise requirements for our EVK hardware and software.
- Design, implement and execute comprehensive test plans, that you will use to accompany the software engineering teams across all stages of development and make sure they are consistently aligned with the product expectations.
- Scrutinize the hardware-software interface of the system, including hands-on involvement with the hardware platforms (vehicles, HIL benches…). Surface weak points through creative and rigorous testing.
- Identify ways to improve testing and analysis of our systems, with a focus on robustness, reliability and overall usability.
- Identify and document software defects, inconsistencies, and anomalies, and work closely with the development team to prioritize and resolve issues.
- Develop and maintain automated test scripts and frameworks to improve testing efficiency and accuracy.
What We Look For:
- Professional experience testing and analyzing software products that interface with hardware, especially if sensors are involved (automotive, robotics, IoT…)
- 2+ years of software development experience, especially with building, maintaining and improving test infrastructure. We use Python 3.8 and C++ 14.
- Experience with professional software development tools (control flow with git, CI/CD pipelines, testing), and familiarity with Linux OS.
- Strong communication and cross-functional collaboration skills.
- Bachelor’s or Graduate degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, or related field.
- Experience with running and testing mission critical software (e.g. aviation or autonomous vehicles).
- Experience with radar, lidar, cameras, GPS/IMU, or other automotive sensors.
- Experience mentoring team members on software development and best practices.
What We Have To Offer:
- Opportunity to make an impact at a young, venture-backed company in an emerging market
- Competitive salary ranging from $140-200k annually depending on experience
- Performance based Bonus
- Benefits including medical, dental, and vision insurance, unlimited PTO, and equity
- Hybrid work model: in office 3 days per week, the rest… work from wherever!
- Daily catered lunch and a stocked fridge (when working in the Berkeley, CA office)
Zendar is committed to creating a diverse environment where talented people come to do their best work. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
Zendar participates in E-Verify.
Other Jobs from Zendar
See 15,000+ More Jobs Like These
Subscribe to weekly membership and unlock all jobs
15,000+ jobs from 2,600+ well-funded companies
New jobs are added every day as companies post them
Use filters like skill, location, etc to narrow results