Skills we’re looking for:
- Proven experience as a Frontend Software Developer.
- Experience with our key technologies: React and TypeScript.
- Deep care and focus on operational excellence.
- An inquisitive mindset: you have the desire to learn new skills, the ability to ask questions, and remain open to new ideas and perspectives.
- Proactive communication skills and a willingness to work directly with designers, product managers, and other collaborators to focus on quality, testing, system design and building iteratively.
- Experience in and a desire to mentor fellow developers through pairing, code review, and in-the-moment feedback.
- Experience with GraphQL (Apollo) and with optimizing performance is a nice to have!
Within 1 month, you'll:
- Learn about the foundations of Wealthsimple, and our current goals for the future that you will start to shape.
- Meet other new Wealthsimplers in your onboarding group and key people from each department, to start to build relationships across the company.
- Gather an understanding of our technology by pair-programming with your teammates and attending engineering onboarding sessions designed and presented by your peers.
- Have an assigned buddy within your team that will assist you in getting up-to-speed with our architecture and current projects.
Within 3 months, you'll:
- Learn Wealthsimple’s technical stack and apply our development patterns and best practices through your work.
- Buddy up for your first on-call rotation to help identify and resolve production issues and bugs clients have experienced.
- Contribute and support work in a new or existing product and share your work with the team.
- Learn how to query our data to measure the impact of your work.
- Support over a million clients on their financial journey by shipping your first project or feature in a secure, and scalable way. 🚀
Within 6 months, you'll:
- Reliably ship new features to our clients, following our best practices such as shipping daily, writing automated tests and monitoring.
- Contribute to or lead the technical design of a project, while understanding how it will shape our future architecture.
- Collaborate with other developers on the team while mentoring and providing continuous feedback via code reviews.
- Develop a big picture perspective and understand how our tools and frameworks come together. You’ll feel comfortable contributing to various codebases.
Within 12 months, you'll:
- Lead your first project: planning, scoping and regularly communicating progress to stakeholders to ensure the quality and timelines.
- Have provided leverage to our engineering teams by shipping new best practices and tools for all to benefit from.
- Participate in our hiring process and shape the growth of the Engineering team.
- Have worked closely with our product and design teams, contributing your own feedback and opinions on design and UX.
Other Jobs from Wealthsimple
See 15,000+ More Jobs Like These
Subscribe to weekly membership and unlock all jobs
15,000+ jobs from 2,600+ well-funded companies
New jobs are added every day as companies post them
Use filters like skill, location, etc to narrow results