Software Engineering Internship - Summer 2024
June 3, 2024 - August 9, 2024
Location: Austin, TX
Our Engineering team within our Technology organization is building the future of home and looking for dynamic, hardworking and talented students to join us in Summer 2024 for a 10 week internship from June 3, 2024 - August 9, 2024. As a Software Engineering Intern you will dive into a number of complex technical projects and gain a better understanding of our business. You will have the opportunity to work within the following group:
Supply Chain Retail Tech: Develops the complex, ground-breaking logistics system to help move the products Wayfair sells from suppliers to warehouses to customers. Supply Chain is responsible for international transportation, warehouse management, and the customer delivery network making it all possible.
What You’ll Do:
- You will work on individual and group projects focused on the full project life-cycle
- You will collaborate with business leaders and key stakeholders to brainstorm on how to solve the challenge
- Currently pursuing a Bachelors degree with the expectation that degree will be obtained between December 2024 and August 2025
- Must be returning to the course of study following completion of the internship
What You’ll Need:
- You are currently enrolled in a full-time undergraduate/graduate degree program in Computer Science or a related technical field
- You have a proven track record of strong academic performance.
- You may have experience with full stack and/or mobile development.
- You may have knowledge and experience working with object oriented programming languages.
- You have an interest in working with big data and machine learning
- You enjoy autonomy and the opportunity to make a project or tool on your own
- You have strong communication skills
- You will be exposed to a broad spectrum of technologies and programming languages
- We will help you improve your designs and jumpstart your learning
- You will have accessibility to technology/engineering leadership who want to hear your ideas
- You will participate in events with interns across the business!
- You will receive professional development training to improve your soft and hard skills
Wayfair Internship Program
Our Summer Internship Program is a paid ten-week, full-time program in our Austin office for 10 weeks June-August. We have internship opportunities for both undergraduate and graduate students. No matter who you are, we want Wayfair to be a place where you feel at home. We offer high impact-projects, mentorship, and community-building activities to all of our interns. Throughout the program, we provide interns with the opportunity to engage in social and community building activities including:
- Social events
- Skills-based training
- Dialogue events with senior leaders to provide a holistic view of all functions at Wayfair
- Coffee chat opportunities for interns to get to know one another
- Volunteer opportunities
- Alumni networking events
- Intern-wide innovation project designed to teach interns skills for handling ambiguous business problems
- Intern Appreciation Day
An Important Note about Wayfair's In-Office Policy:
All Austin-based interns and corporate employees will be in office in a hybrid capacity. Employees in the technology org will work in the office on designated days, Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday, and work remotely the other 2 days of the week.
Assistance for Individuals with Disabilities
Wayfair is fully committed to providing equal opportunities for all individuals, including individuals with disabilities. As part of this commitment, Wayfair will make reasonable accommodations to the known physical or mental limitations of qualified individuals with disabilities, unless doing so would impose an undue hardship on business operations. If you require a reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, please let us know by completing our Accomodations for Applicants form.
About Wayfair Inc.
Wayfair is one of the world’s largest online destinations for the home. Whether you work in our global headquarters in Boston or Berlin, or in our warehouses or offices throughout the world, we’re reinventing the way people shop for their homes. Through our commitment to industry-leading technology and creative problem-solving, we are confident that Wayfair will be home to the most rewarding work of your career. If you’re looking for rapid growth, constant learning, and dynamic challenges, then you’ll find that amazing career opportunities are knocking.
No matter who you are, Wayfair is a place you can call home. We’re a community of innovators, risk-takers, and trailblazers who celebrate our differences, and know that our unique perspectives make us stronger, smarter, and well-positioned for success. We value and rely on the collective voices of our employees, customers, community, and suppliers to help guide us as we build a better Wayfair – and world – for all. Every voice, every perspective matters. That’s why we’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, genetic information, or any other legally protected characteristic.
We are interested in retaining your data for a period of 12 months to consider you for suitable positions within Wayfair. Your personal data is processed in accordance with our Candidate Privacy Notice (which can found here: https://www.wayfair.com/careers/privacy). If you have any questions regarding our processing of your personal data, please contact us at email@example.com. If you would rather not have us retain your data please contact us anytime at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Other Jobs from Wayfair
See 15,000+ More Jobs Like These
Subscribe to weekly membership and unlock all jobs
15,000+ jobs from 2,600+ well-funded companies
New jobs are added every day as companies post them
Use filters like skill, location, etc to narrow results
Become a member