Who We Are:
The Growth & Ad Platforms Engineering team is responsible for building Wayfair's class leading, data centric technology platform that optimizes and powers all of Wayfair's paid advertising. It touches hundreds of millions of consumers and drives billions of dollars in annual revenue. Our platforms allow us to scale our marketing efforts efficiently by automating key processes, interacting with ad vendors in real time and leveraging hundreds of terabytes of data and ML algorithms for optimization and effective decision making on millions of items in our catalog.The types of systems built by this team range from low latency REST APIs, to real time streaming systems to high performance large scale batch systems.
What You'll Do:
- Serve as the local technical lead in the critical domain, designing & building a platform that interfaces with many different systems within and outside Wayfair and partner globally.
- Take complex engineering problems, design appropriate solutions and deliver on them fairly independently with limited oversight.
- Work on a variety of technologies - from large batch processes using Apache Beam and Spark, to event based systems using Kafka, K8s and Flink to robust REST APIs .
- Architect and implement robust, well-tested services. Provide technical design and code reviews for peers within your team and across the broader Marketing and Data platform team.
- Provide insights into opportunity areas for the platform, influencing priorities and team roadmaps in close partnership with Engineering and Product leadership.
- Be a multiplier, mentor other engineers on the team and help them become more productive and implement engineering best practices.
- Promote a culture of engineering excellence, up-leveling the technical expertise of engineers across Marketing and Data platform org.
What you’ll Need:
- 10+ years of experience in software engineering and designing systems at scale.
- Experience developing applications using technologies such as Java, Spring Boot, SQL and React, GraphQL
- Experience with Google Cloud Services such as PubSub, Dataflow and Dataproc would be a plus
- Experience with Continuous Integration (CI/CD) practices and tools.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to work effectively with engineers, product managers, and business stakeholders alike
- Experience mentoring engineers and leading code reviews.
- A track record of delivering in increments and learning as you go
Assistance for Individuals with Disabilities
Wayfair is fully committed to providing equal opportunities for all individuals, including individuals with disabilities. As part of this commitment, Wayfair will make reasonable accommodations to the known physical or mental limitations of qualified individuals with disabilities, unless doing so would impose an undue hardship on business operations. If you require a reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, please let us know by completing our Accomodations for Applicants form.
About Wayfair Inc.
Wayfair is one of the world’s largest online destinations for the home. Whether you work in our global headquarters in Boston or Berlin, or in our warehouses or offices throughout the world, we’re reinventing the way people shop for their homes. Through our commitment to industry-leading technology and creative problem-solving, we are confident that Wayfair will be home to the most rewarding work of your career. If you’re looking for rapid growth, constant learning, and dynamic challenges, then you’ll find that amazing career opportunities are knocking.
No matter who you are, Wayfair is a place you can call home. We’re a community of innovators, risk-takers, and trailblazers who celebrate our differences, and know that our unique perspectives make us stronger, smarter, and well-positioned for success. We value and rely on the collective voices of our employees, customers, community, and suppliers to help guide us as we build a better Wayfair – and world – for all. Every voice, every perspective matters. That’s why we’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, genetic information, or any other legally protected characteristic.
We are interested in retaining your data for a period of 12 months to consider you for suitable positions within Wayfair. Your personal data is processed in accordance with our Candidate Privacy Notice (which can found here: https://www.wayfair.com/careers/privacy). If you have any questions regarding our processing of your personal data, please contact us at email@example.com. If you would rather not have us retain your data please contact us anytime at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Other Jobs from Wayfair
See 15,000+ More Jobs Like These
Subscribe to weekly membership and unlock all jobs
15,000+ jobs from 2,600+ well-funded companies
New jobs are added every day as companies post them
Use filters like skill, location, etc to narrow results
Become a member